Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a realistic chance Pep ends up choosing between starting Otamendi at CB or Foden in midfield.

David Silva is out, Bernardo's ban is probably going to arrive this week so he probably won't be able to replace him, which means either Gundo plays 8 and Fern plays 6 or Foden 8 and Gundo 6 with Fern at CB.
Yep, that’s what I was alluding to above. The only other option, which is highly unlikely, is that he plays Jesus left and either of Sterling or Mahrez inside with KDB.

There's a realistic chance Pep ends up choosing between starting Otamendi at CB or Foden in midfield.

David Silva is out, Bernardo's ban is probably going to arrive this week so he probably won't be able to replace him, which means either Gundo plays 8 and Fern plays 6 or Foden 8 and Gundo 6 with Fern at CB.

And those are just the starting questions ... then there is ...

Walker or Cancelo?
Mendy or Angelino?
Aguero or Jesus?

And Sterling hasn’t really given a half decent performance at Anfield yet when their customary boos start ... although he’s the only sure pick alongside Ederson and KdB ... other than those 3, it’s anyone’s guess ...

Walker or Cancelo?
Mendy or Angelino?
Aguero or Jesus?

And Sterling hasn’t really given a half decent performance at Anfield yet when their customary boos start ... although he’s the only sure pick alongside Ederson and KdB ... other than those 3, it’s anyone’s guess ...

I don't think the first 2 are really questions. If theyre fit then Mendy and Walker start 100%. Walker's pace vs. Mane is vital and Mendy has a 100% record against Liverpool.

I don't think the first 2 are really questions. If theyre fit then Mendy and Walker start 100%. Walker's pace vs. Mane is vital and Mendy has a 100% record against Liverpool.
Mendy played in 0-0 at anfield last season, so not 100% record

Mendy played in 0-0 at anfield last season, so not 100% record

A 0-0 draw at Anfield counts IMO!

He's not lost, and he's played them a few times in big games.

Angelino only made his first league start yesterday.

Walker or Cancelo?
Mendy or Angelino?
Aguero or Jesus?

How about Angelino at left back, he can at least defend and Mendy left Midfield, that won't half confuse them, Walker has some confidence after Saturday and should start, need to cut out the attacking full backs from the dippers and I'd never bet against Aguero to get us something.

with no silva (likely) id go with

Ederson

Walker Stones Ferna Mendy/Angelino

Gundogan

Sterling KDB B.Silva Jesus

Kun

Cannt decide between Mendy and Angelino - Angelino is defintely a better defensive option as Mendy gets forward better but just doesnt recover

I normally wouldnt have Gundogan anywhere near this game but we have no choice at present with injuries (unless Pep suddenly decided to start Garcia at centre half and then Id play Ferna in Midfield - but i cannt see that)

Otto should be nowhere near the pitch. He is a guaranteed penalty for them!

Id play Jesus widen instead of Mahrez simply because of his battling quality which Mahrez doesnt have

Starting early ... I know we have Atalanta before this but this is the next PL game and lots of news coming out early ...

- Silva is out from this one apparently, Pep says won’t be available for Atalanta or Liverpool ... that means no Rodri, no Silva in midfield that’d have been first choice midfield ... so what now? KdB, Gundo and Foden? Or Bernardo in midfield and Mahrez up front?

- Oh, and the special bus welcome being prepared again ... idiots! But if they do, should be punished and City clearly were affected last time around in CL QF tie from that ... what will they do to prevent from the same happening again? The Merseyside police won’t do jack shit we already know that ...
City should make a statement Monday morning making it clear that if one missile hits the bus, the game is off..... Just tell it straight.....
See Liverpool and especially the PL and Sky shit themselves. The biggest game of the season, shown all around the world will not happen if one missile hits the coach.
City should demand answers / reassurances from LFC and the Merseyside police as to what they are collectively going to do to prevent the game being cancelled.
City should notify the PL that the game will be cancelled if the coach is attacked and have the PL seek reassurance from LFC and the M/side Bizzies that safety of the coach and players will be paramount.
City should put the PL on the spot and demand they back the "missile thrown / no game" plan and request support from the PFA that their members are not subjected to being attacked whilst on their way to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.