Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be my starting line-up too. Wouldn’t be surprised if Pep tried something different/new against Liverpool. That’s what he does and that’s why he is a genius.
My only problem would be Cancelo/Mendy pushing too far up the field making us vulnerable on the flanks when they counter.

I don’t believe this is the line-up we will see.

we can not go 3 at the back liverpool its crazy

Bravo
Walker Stones Fernandinho
Cancelo De Bruyne Gundogan Bernardo Mendy
Sterling Aguero

we must go and play our game and believe
the only change i can see is otamendi and stones partnership and Fernandinho back in midfield with Gundogan and jesus on the bench

so
bravo
walker stones otamendi mendy
Fernandinho
b.silva Gundogan KDB sterling
aguero

How is it unrelated? He claimed City would have ended Liverpool's unbeaten run if they had met and I presented a proof that it's unlikely considering the result of last 10 meetings.
Ok, let’s ignore again that you decided to change the premise to make the point you wanted, and proceed with your new premise.

So you are saying that results that occurred 1.5 years or more ago (last 10 results set) are more indicative of a probable outcome of a Liverpool-City game now than results that occurred one year or less ago (last 3 game results set)?

So Ederson, Laporte, Zinchenko, Rhodri, Merlin & Sane all unavailable through injury and very little being made of this in the press.

Can you imagine if they had Allison, Van Dyke, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho and Mane out you wouldn't hear the last of it.

its the pep and city way never moan just getting on with it

STERLING - AGUERO - MAHREZ
BERNARDO - GUNDO - KDB
MENDY - FERNA - STONES - CANCELO
BRAVO​

We keep looking at ourselves as the underdogs, I do too. But fck me, we still have a fantastic team. No one is really missing in attack, besides Sané.

I just hope Stones has a good game because he will need to be on top. Ferna has done great as CB, I’m not worried there.
I think we could have won without Laporte, but I really really miss Ederson and Rodri in this.

We’ll see. It’s not the end of the world if they win, as the fckrs are known to bottle everything anyway.

With all our injuries and going away this is going to be a tough one.
I really think playing a back 3 may be best option with the team we have available.

---------Sterling---------Aguero--------Bernardo-------
Mendy-----------Gundo-----------KDB----------Cancelo
-----------Ferna----------Stones--------Walker----------
----------------------------Bravo---------------------------

With Bernardo regularly dropping deeper to help in midfield.
It would also be essential that our wingbacks play aggressively and don't get pinned back.

BERNARDO - GUNDO - KDB
BRAVO​

We keep looking at ourselves as the underdogs, I do too. But fck me, we still have a fantastic team. No one is really missing in attack, besides Sané.

I just hope Stones has a good game because he will need to be on top. Ferna has done great as CB, I’m not worried there.
I think we could have won without Laporte, but I really really miss Ederson and Rodri in this.

We’ll see. It’s not the end of the world if they win, as the fckrs are known to bottle everything anyway.
That’s an awesome side and well capable of beating Liverpool. What’s key is players like stones, gundo and mahrez play well, and KDB, aguero and Raz have absolute belters. Anyone has a poor game and we will struggle.

BERNARDO - GUNDO - KDB
BRAVO​

I think you are pretty much there with the team, maybe Walker instead of Cancelo

With all our injuries and going away this is going to be a tough one.
I really think playing a back 3 may be best option with the team we have

No chance we will play three at the back. Liverpool will stretch our defense in a heartbeat. If you’ve seen them play you know they will cross a lot and use all the space out wide. If Mendy or Cancelo were to be out of position just for a second, bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.