Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a debatable thing, he made a mistake.

He came out and didnt get the ball. Either he fouled the guy and it's a red card or he didnt and he just slapped the ball away from a goalscoring opportunity and it's a red card.

To quote Pep yesterday. "Its a team game and sometimes you make a mistake".

Pretending the mistake didnt happen doesnt make it true.
Again, you are asserting your belief trying to convince others. Just accept that different perspectives exist

While I'm optimistic and believe strongly in this team (I think we will have a great season even if we lose badly tomorrow), comparisons with other games and teams is generally pointless. Those games were away from home, not at Anfield, and were far from being as important as this one. Liverpool, with the help of the crowd, will be much more up for it than they were against other teams at their grounds. At the same time, we will be up for it as well and we have the players to hurt them: a front 4 of Kevin, Bernie, Raz and Kun/Gabby is something which most teams can only dream of. Pep has analysed Liverpool for a long time and will hopefully come up with good tactical solutions. We know how they are going to play. They don't know the system Pep will use this time around: whether we are going to press them in their half or defend deeper and counter attack them.
Even with a severly depleted team, we still have enough to give them more than a game

Look at the Rags team that were 5 minutes from beating the Dippers, can anyone name 3 or 4 Sheff U players off the top of their head?

They we're unlucky not to beat them, never mind take a point off them..

No disrespect to Sheff U (the rags can get fcuked!), the team Pep puts out will contain much better players, all more than capable of putting in a performance and winning this game!!

Late penalises against Leicester and Spuds and an even later winner against Villa which came about by lumping the ball in the area and hoping for the luck of the bounce...

Fcuk me, the Dippers are not unbeatable, they've been shaky as fcuk for weeks...

Whatever team we put out it will contain players with a winning mentality.

They will know what's at stake and whatever the result, will not let any of us down..!

There's every chance at the end of the game that we could be 3 points behind with a better goal difference, the Dippers having to come to ours and us still have a further 25 other games to play..

I heard Bingo saying that they have to be brave on the ball, we're f'kin brave every game...

You can smell their fear..!

I'm glad to see someone else with some positivity! The way people are going on you'd have thought we were coming up against Pep's Barca...

We've got the best manager in the world, we're reigning back to back champions and domestic treble winners! Regardless of injuries our team will include KDB, Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Aguero (and or Jesus). Liverpool's form is impressive and yes our record at Anfield is toss but if there's any City team we should have faith in its this one.

Of course its a blow to be without so many top class players but there's goals in this team. If Liverpool do beat us they're going to have earn it. Talk of them 'hammering' us is nonsense. I can't wait for the match!

Last edited:
Aside from here I am trying to avoid all the hysteria and hype on tv and the media in the build up. I am going to turn on the tv at 16:30 with the sound off and hope for the best.

Klopp says they will attack and go all out well with all our injuries if they can't in this game they never will. We have been misfiring lately, too many below par. If we get 8+ out of every player, keep our shape and take our chances we can win this. If we do I think it will seriously wobble them and their confidence for the rest of the season.

I'm glad to see someone else with some positivity! The way people are going on you'd have thought we were coming up against Pep's Barca...

We've got the best manager in the world, we're reigning back to back champions and domestic treble winners! Regardless of injuries our team will include KDB, Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Aguero (and or Jesus). Liverpool's form is impressive and yes our record at Anfield is toss but if there's any City team we should have faith in its this one.

Of course its a blow to be without so many top class players but there's goals in this team. If Liverpool do beat us they're going to have earn it. Talk of them 'hammering' is nonsense. I can't wait for the match!
Agree with all except their form, they are not playing that great tbh

Fucking amazing how people cant just say, "yeah he fucked up, gubdo put him in a tough situation, hopefully he wont do anything like that tomorrow"

Instead you have to do incredible mental gymnastics to excuse him of all blame and then if that fails, resort to insults.

Listen to Pep. He knows more than you. Bravo beat Liverpool for us at the beginning of the season. Were you at Wembley? Show me all the plaudits you posted afterwards for Bravo’s excellent performance.

On Weds Bravo has to deal with a mistake by another player. ALL players make mistakes. Where’s your fuck up posts about Jesus (who, by the way, I think is a cracking player) because he missed the penalty?

you have no balanced argument because you clearly don’t like Bravo. There were many fans that took great pleasure in laughing at Bravo every time he played during his first season. They mocked him and took great pleasure in calling him a clown. What great fans eh??

You’re probably one of them!

No mate, he doesnt have it right at all.

Imagine for one fucking second Liverpool getting greeted like this at an away ground and the sheer fucking outrage that would pour from it with demands of point deductions, bans for fans etc etc.

They are a fucking cult, hell bent on creating yet another hostile reception for the team on the bus and it will yet again lead to similar scenes of the bus getting bottled as they attempt to paint themselves as some sort of Ultra fanbase, the English Galatasary.

Not a single lesson has been learnt or even listened to by them, their club and Merseyside police, not one.

They are a cult and ****s but I won't let their behaviour fashion my football view.

I ain't gonna moan every fucking year that they bottled the bus 3 seasons ago.

We go there as treble winners and a better team, fuck em and fuck their fans, we are better as a club, team and fan set and won't stoop to their moaning, mard arsed ways.

What pisses me off more is they have already tried to smear us this week because it is shaun coxs first game back, that we will be singing allez allez allez, which I haven't heard once this season yet, that is relelvant to this game, not the bus (unless they brick the one tomorrow).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.