Var debate 2019/20

I think ,with respect your skirting around the issue.
How can a video sysytem "not work"...i mean think about it..at what point did they discover this...5 mins before k.o?..lol
Why didnt sky announce it to all their paymasters. Ie the viewing public...its a huge story, a huge game and a huge media outlet stayed quiet
And..all you can say is " its a bit naughty"...its a disgrace.its corruption.its blatant cheating.its prob handed liverpool the title.
I've already decided this season is void to me if Liverpool finish top.

I can tell you that I've heard from what I consider a more reliable source than an anonymous FB page that VAR was NOT working on Sunday (and there's been a few other games where it hasn't been working) yet PGMOL are maintaining the fiction (i.e. lying) that everything was normal. The fact that there was no on-screen review of the possible offside against Salah should be further proof that it wasn't working.

The clubs knew, PGMOL and the match officials knew, the broadcasters knew and all maintained this lie and continue to do so. So if they'll lie about that, what else will they lie about? Match fixing, official corruption, players being controlled by gangsters? All of those and more.

As I've said previously in this thread - VAR was not working on Sunday. It couldn't have been because the offside decision was made in less time than it takes for Hawkeye to set up the review.

Pep will inevitably be asked about VAR at the next press conference. If I were City I would be suggesting he replies by saying "there was no VAR" and let others decide if he means there was no VAR in operation or he just hasn't seen VAR footage of the offside.

Leave it ambiguous enough to avoid a fine/ban but go far enough to allow others to ask the questions of PGMOL.

Last edited:
The pundits mentioned about how difficult it would be to overturn certain decisions at certain grounds, so we have a huge problem with it right there and hearing the reasonings could cause mayhem.

And with the " acceptance " of the difficulty of overturning incorrect decisions at " certain grounds " the pundits are going along with the corruption which exists with the approach adopted by the PL, FA and PiGMOL cheats .

Of course they risk losing their comfortable pundit status , but they would be doing football in general a massive service. Do none of them have any spine or principles ?

Where is the gobby Roy Keane whilst all this continues - he's never short of an opinion , but obviously only so long as it does not hurt his pocket. But what about all of the others ?

As it is we can only look forward to more wrong/corrupt decisions for the dippers, rags and any other chosen team(s) , and no fucker prepared to call out the criminals operating the corruption.

We should have refused to play the fucking game its that simple.
I'm not sure it is that simple, unfortunately. I completely get your point about sporting integrity, but I'm 99% certain that a malfunction in VAR tech was anticipated and included in the rules that City have signed up to (i.e., the game goes ahead without it). I'm sure I read that in one of the many VAR Q&As that were doing the rounds before the season started.

But given that these circumstances were anticipated and accommodated within the competition rules, why have we got all this secrecy surrounding it? And why are no journalists questioning why we didn't see the same VAR logos and graphics on screen that we have seen in EVERY single other Premier League game this season?

I'm not sure it is that simple, unfortunately. I completely get your point about sporting integrity, but I'm 99% certain that a malfunction in VAR tech was anticipated and included in the rules that City have signed up to (i.e., the game goes ahead without it). I'm sure I read that in one of the many VAR Q&As that were doing the rounds before the season started.

But given that these circumstances were anticipated and accommodated within the competition rules, why have we got all this secrecy surrounding it? And why are no journalists questioning why we didn't see the same VAR logos and graphics on screen that we have seen in EVERY single other Premier League game this season?

Because they are all, literally in on it.

You can not have a league campaign in which teams are losing points to VAR decisions only for another side to benefit and gain points because in a game it wasn't in operation.

Last one out turn the fucking lights off as the game is finished.

As soon as the ball hit his arm in the 6th minute, watch Oliver, he was waving his arms immediately saying no penalty, not even allowing it to go to a Var review. Var is an issue but biggest issues is the cheats officiating games, and the same cheats in charge of Var

Because they are all, literally in on it.

You can not have a league campaign in which teams are losing points to VAR decisions only for another side to benefit and gain points because in a game it wasn't in operation.

Last one out turn the fucking lights off as the game is finished.

Why haven't the official VAR images come out regarding the Salah goal ?

Is it incorrect of myself to assume that they can surely take the replay pictures from Sunday and then still run the analysis and then just make it public ?

If it shows him being onside then fine at least it is put to bed, if however it shows him being off-side then the shit would definitely hit the proverbial

As soon as the ball hit his arm in the 6th minute, watch Oliver, he was waving his arms immediately saying no penalty, not even allowing it to go to a Var review. Var is an issue but biggest issues is the cheats officiating games, and the same cheats in charge of Var

I think the view he had didn't allow him to see TAA actually raise his arm - Oliver was near enough level with him but could only see TAA from the side

VAR should have stopped play, and called it back but for whatever reason they allowed play to continue and it just so happened that Liverpool went and scored

Question is was VAR actually working at this point ? After everything that has gone on regarding it working/not working, we don't bloody know

There's an interesting situation regarding when VAR is known to be or not to be working, and that is the actions of the linesman. The BBC paraphrased this instruction ...

For offsides, the Premier League is advising assistant referees to flag for clear incidents, but to keep their flag down for tight calls, knowing these will be corrected by VAR should it be required. This should theoretically cut down on attacking sides being wrongly denied a goalscoring opportunity.

This means the rules of the game are different and the officials and players should be advised of this as soon as it is know this is the case. The players didn't appear to know this. It would be even worse if one side did but the other didn't.

Knowing i have a blue bias towards decisions i try and listen to supposedly neutral opinions when there a decisions to be made, and i have tried to take on board others opinions from Sunday.

The thing with the TAA handball that i can't understand is that the explanation being given why it wasn't overturned is that Oliver made the decision on the field that his arm wasn't in an unnatural position VAR went with that and so saw no reason to disallow the goal. As Oliver had explained why he had made the decision and because of his position on the field the VAR did not consider it a clear and obvious error. This is where i am confused, just because Oliver was well positioned and explained his decision doesn't mean it is correct. He doesn't have the same viewing angle as the camera which clearly shows TAA body position opened up and his palm facing the ball. Surely Oliver should at least be shown that image to allow him the opportunity to decide if that angle confirms his initial opinion or in fact changes it.

If a similar contentious incident had happened in Rugby Union, the ref would be miked up explain his initial decision and asking for all of the different camera angles to be shown to him. He would then be asking for the frames to be "rock and rolled" at the relevant points from the different angles so that he could come to his final decision which would be relayed to the fans. Surely that is what should be happening in football.

If the referee explains why he has made a decision when will there ever be a clear and obvious error? They quite clearly will always have a reason why they have made the decision in the first place, surely the whole reason for VAR should be to be able to show them additional information that they weren't initially aware of which may alter the decision making process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.