Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

This is likely very inaccurate estimate but the South Stand extension cost was put at £80m by the press. That's the cost of 2 players (not including the wages). City could probably finance that ourselves without tapping the owner given that CL income for one season is £80m. So unless I'm miles out on the cost, I don't think that's an issue. Sheikh Mansour could also finance it? It's an investment. He'd be sinking money into an asset that is appreciating in value.
I might be wrong but I took the post you're replying to as slightly sarcastic?

It's maybe a pipedream but one day I am hoping we get a station to serve the Etihad, Arena and other neighbouring development

The proximity of the Etihad to the tracks can be easily seen on this drivers cab footage of the Phillips Junction-Ashbury's line.

The guy who posted the video also makes a couple of interesting points in his captions (there's no audio)

1) the bridges on this track have already been raised as a precursor to electrification
2) they've put in a crossover at the Ashbury end which apparently makes it easier to juggle trains on this chord.

I thought that the Phillips Park-Ashburys link was only used for freight and moving empty passenger trains to/from the depot but apparently TransPennine Express were running one train each week on this line from May until October (Manchester Airport - Scarborough on Sunday mornings).

This is likely very inaccurate estimate but the South Stand extension cost was put at £80m by the press. That's the cost of 2 players (not including the wages). City could probably finance that ourselves without tapping the owner given that CL income for one season is £80m. So unless I'm miles out on the cost, I don't think that's an issue. Sheikh Mansour could also finance it? It's an investment. He'd be sinking money into an asset that is appreciating in value.

OK they should get on with it then.

OK they should get on with it then.
Agree. Match day tickets v Chelsea £66.50 in the 3rd tier & £64.50 behind the goal. That tells me that City could fill home league fixtures no problem. if it doesn't happen soon, then you will have a point re money / will.

Agree. Match day tickets v Chelsea £66.50 in the 3rd tier & £64.50 behind the goal. That tells me that City could fill home league fixtures no problem. if it doesn't happen soon, then you will have a point re money / will.
I went on the Etihad stadium tour a few weeks back and when we were pitch side someone asked the tour guide when the North stand extension was likely to happen. He said the club were waiting on a decision to be made around safe standing before pressing ahead with any plans but they definitely intend to redevelop it as soon as possible.

Fin
Find me a pub with. TV no way would i pay that

I went on the Etihad stadium tour a few weeks back and when we were pitch side someone asked the tour guide when the North stand extension was likely to happen. He said the club were waiting on a decision to be made around safe standing before pressing ahead with any plans but they definitely intend to redevelop it as soon as possible.
This is the information I have as well.

Makes little financial sense to dump £50m+ into an extra 6k seats, when safe standing would enable us to add an extra 6k, with a sub £1m spend.

It would look great if we converted NSL1, ESL1 and SSL1 to rail seating.

This is the information I have as well.

Makes little financial sense to dump £50m+ into an extra 6k seats, when safe standing would enable us to add an extra 6k, with a sub £1m spend.

It would look great if we converted NSL1, ESL1 and SSL1 to rail seating.

There’s a high chance safe standing will only be a 1:1 ratio in this country.

I think the reason they’re waiting on a Safe Standing decision is because the redeveloped end will cause a lot of upheaval as the club want it to become a proper ‘blue wall’. They probably feel there’s no point messing everyone around while regulations are still up in the air.

Having said that, Family Stand level 1 won’t be part of the Family Stand from next season and it’s possibly the first shift to make sure there is time to move everyone around.

There’s a high chance safe standing will only be a 1:1 ratio in this country.

I think the reason they’re waiting on a Safe Standing decision is because the redeveloped end will cause a lot of upheaval as the club want it to become a proper ‘blue wall’. They probably feel there’s no point messing everyone around while regulations are still up in the air.

Having said that, Family Stand level 1 won’t be part of the Family Stand from next season and it’s possibly the first shift to make sure there is time to move everyone around.
Would a single-tiered end require a partial ground closure during construction?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.