Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Would a single-tiered end require a partial ground closure during construction?

Probably. They could potentially open up an uncovered lower section during the season though.

The diagrams on the fan survey and some plans that were seen in focus groups were based around an expanded 2nd tier.

There’s the hope plans have changed since then after seeing the new big end at Spurs though and hopefully we try for something similar.

Probably. They could potentially open up an uncovered lower section during the season though.

The diagrams on the fan survey and some plans that were seen in focus groups were based around an expanded 2nd tier.

There’s the hope plans have changed since then after seeing the new big end at Spurs though and hopefully we try for something similar.
Is Spurs wall transformative though? It looks impressive but when I've watched their games on TV, it doesn't feel like the atmosphere is any different to any other all seater stadia.

I think the 'atmosphere' issue is more cultural than technical. European fans and newly promoted clubs come into our away end and make a lot of noise, and we don't. I'd love to see either proposal go through, but I don't feel strongly enough about a single wall to justify the extra building disruption. I think if it goes through, then the likely design will be what we've already seen, unless there was some kind of strong reaction, alternative viewpoint expressed.

Technically I take it we could start construction whilst the arena is also under-construction given the arena is slightly off the stadia site?

It's maybe a pipedream but one day I am hoping we get a station to serve the Etihad, Arena and other neighbouring development

The proximity of the Etihad to the tracks can be easily seen on this drivers cab footage of the Phillips Junction-Ashbury's line.

The guy who posted the video also makes a couple of interesting points in his captions (there's no audio)

1) the bridges on this track have already been raised as a precursor to electrification
2) they've put in a crossover at the Ashbury end which apparently makes it easier to juggle trains on this chord.

I thought that the Phillips Park-Ashburys link was only used for freight and moving empty passenger trains to/from the depot but apparently TransPennine Express were running one train each week on this line from May until October (Manchester Airport - Scarborough on Sunday mornings).

They used to have trains on matchdays when we first were at the new ground at Ashburys. Has that stopped?

Been a fair few years since we parked up near there for the game.

I agree on the loop that surrounds the ground. How we can get a train running is shocking. Would add a relief to not only the metrolink but the buses as well.

Really? where you hear this?

Excellent news if that's the case.

From the City Matters minutes:

“The Club reference the fact that over time the family area has grown to include a wider mix of age ranges due to Seasoncard renewals. The requirement for adults to be accompanied by at least one supporter under the age of 18 hasn’t been enforced for a number of seasons as availability in other areas of the stadium is limited. The Club suggests that it would like to ensure that Level 2 seating in the North Stand is focused on families and that those fans who no longer qualify are asked to relocate ahead of the 2020/21 season. Level 1 of the North Stand would officially revert to an area available for all supporters to purchase Seasoncards or match tickets from the start of the 2020/21 season. This is welcomed by the fan representatives.”

“The Club reference the fact that over time the family area has grown to include a wider mix of age ranges due to Seasoncard renewals. The requirement for adults to be accompanied by at least one supporter under the age of 18 hasn’t been enforced for a number of seasons as availability in other areas of the stadium is limited. The Club suggests that it would like to ensure that Level 2 seating in the North Stand is focused on families and that those fans who no longer qualify are asked to relocate ahead of the 2020/21 season. Level 1 of the North Stand would officially revert to an area available for all supporters to purchase Seasoncards or match tickets from the start of the 2020/21 season. This is welcomed by the fan representatives.”

Great news, should get an element of a singing block behind the north stand goal.

Isn't this still just a suggestion, though? The wording isn't clear.

Hello all,

I'm visiting the Etihad for the first time next Tuesday for the CL game, and was hoping I could get some advice on parking please? I'm looking at arriving in Manchester for 17:15, is that a decent time to be aiming to be there for?

Will I have success around the stadium or close by it?

When visiting London I use an app called "JustPark" where you basically use people's drives. Would that be a good option here? There's one or two spots near Bradford Park and down near Ashton Old Road.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

the creation of a two tier family stand was a doomed idea from the start and I said as much on this board when it was first announced. my only surprise is that it has limped on this far, more than likely because the person who suggested it is still retained by the club. the new relocation plan for tier 1 is a sensible proposition and long overdue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.