Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

the creation of a two tier family stand was a doomed idea from the start and I said as much on this board when it was first announced. my only surprise is that it has limped on this far, more than likely because the person who suggested it is still retained by the club. the new relocation plan for tier 1 is a sensible proposition and long overdue.
We had pretty decent seats near the back of NS Level One for about 5 years.
We then got turfed out to make way for the expanded Family Stand. We ended up in CB Level 3 for a season and hated it. Managed to re-locate again in 2011 when they decided that the 2 blocks on each side of the FS were surplus to requirements. Great seats but it still irks me that I still have to pay CB1 prices when I am about 20 seats from the cheaper NS.
I am sure that Garry Cooke was CEO when all this happened so he must ultimately take the blame for the under utilized 2 tier FS.

Hello all,

I'm visiting the Etihad for the first time next Tuesday for the CL game, and was hoping I could get some advice on parking please? I'm looking at arriving in Manchester for 17:15, is that a decent time to be aiming to be there for?

Will I have success around the stadium or close by it?

When visiting London I use an app called "JustPark" where you basically use people's drives. Would that be a good option here? There's one or two spots near Bradford Park and down near Ashton Old Road.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Depends which direction you want to leave in after the game? If North/East, look at parking on the old Abattoir site, off Briscoe Lane/Riverpark Rd. Ten minute walk, and £5 to park, secure too. You can park on Riverpark Rd itself for free if early enough, but has been a few break ins in recent times.

Hello all,

I'm visiting the Etihad for the first time next Tuesday for the CL game, and was hoping I could get some advice on parking please? I'm looking at arriving in Manchester for 17:15, is that a decent time to be aiming to be there for?

When visiting London I use an app called "JustPark" where you basically use people's drives. Would that be a good option here? There's one or two spots near Bradford Park and down near Ashton Old Road.

Cheers!
I'm a season ticket holder and use Just Park for all the games. Never had any problem although it is pricier than some of the surrounding car parks. There are usually spaces in the estate opposite the Mercedes dealership.

From the City Matters minutes:

“The Club reference the fact that over time the family area has grown to include a wider mix of age ranges due to Seasoncard renewals. The requirement for adults to be accompanied by at least one supporter under the age of 18 hasn’t been enforced for a number of seasons as availability in other areas of the stadium is limited. The Club suggests that it would like to ensure that Level 2 seating in the North Stand is focused on families and that those fans who no longer qualify are asked to relocate ahead of the 2020/21 season. Level 1 of the North Stand would officially revert to an area available for all supporters to purchase Seasoncards or match tickets from the start of the 2020/21 season. This is welcomed by the fan representatives.”

Isn't this still just a suggestion, though? The wording isn't clear.

I think you're reading too much into it, they're only 'suggesting' that tier 2 remains family oriented, tier 1 is changing to a general area whether anyone likes it or not.

From the City Matters minutes:

“The Club reference the fact that over time the family area has grown to include a wider mix of age ranges due to Seasoncard renewals. The requirement for adults to be accompanied by at least one supporter under the age of 18 hasn’t been enforced for a number of seasons as availability in other areas of the stadium is limited. The Club suggests that it would like to ensure that Level 2 seating in the North Stand is focused on families and that those fans who no longer qualify are asked to relocate ahead of the 2020/21 season. Level 1 of the North Stand would officially revert to an area available for all supporters to purchase Seasoncards or match tickets from the start of the 2020/21 season. This is welcomed by the fan representatives.”
Strange, thought it was only family stand bottom tier anyway ??

The Family Stand was Level 2 of The North Stand when the Stadium opened in 2003, and it was extended to include Level 1 around 2010. The whole stand at the North end of the stadium was then re-named The Family Stand.
I know that but I thought it was just lower tier now.

Hello all,

Cheers!

Try here bud, only a 15 minute walk from the stadium. Just off Ancoats so easy enough to get away afterwards, whichever way you are going:

https://www.google.com/search?q=man...id-ee-uk-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Hello all,

Cheers!

don't park in the residential streets around the ground or even further afield, the traffic wardens will be out in force, i got a £70 parking ticket at last years CL Spurs game ( just to top of the night!). That was in a street I had used with no issues since the stadium opened.

Agree. Match day tickets v Chelsea £66.50 in the 3rd tier & £64.50 behind the goal. That tells me that City could fill home league fixtures no problem. if it doesn't happen soon, then you will have a point re money / will.
Just sold mine against chelsea, ss lv1 for 33 quid on the ticket exchange . Doh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.