Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

Exhausting. Hopefully that wasn't as bad for those of you watching at home as it was in the ground...

Ederson - didn't need to come out for the goal but made a great save 2nd half. Passing off.
Cancelo - needs time but Walker would have been a better choice today.
Stones -My MOTM. Brave forward passing, defended aggressively against Abraham.
Dinho - Did pretty well.
Mendy - weird performance. Passing massively inconsistent but didn't have a lot of options. Great recovery defending last 30 mins
Rodri - clearly not 100%. Hope he's not injured.
KDB - stinker. But he scored at least.
Silva - meh.
Mahrez - got the winner with a moment of magic but lacks any power or strength at all.
Aguero - struggling.
Sterling - couple of great tackles. That's about it.
Gundogan - did okay I guess.
Foden - should have made it 3.
Jesus - meh.

Agreed, the league is a tough ask. We are not at the peak because of the injuries, our team is not worse this year, if we had our full compliment from the beginning things would be much better (obviously) to where I think we would be better than last year, with even more time to gel.
In this moment when a depleted squad is draining on so many levels we can not lose sight of how good we are and we must crack on.
An old workmate told me once,
"Nothing bad ever comes from hard work, and it pays off when you least expect it."

Agree with this. I’ve moaned long and hard about VAR but our season is a big ask because of two below average performances against Norwich and Wolves. 4 or 6 points from those two and we’d have a more positive perspective. Spurs was a game we were robbed and the Dippers game speaks for itself.

I have a sneaky feeling that we will hit a fully fit, in form squad by mid Feb/start of March. So I’m not getting too down just yet, the boys are fighting and scraping their way through this tough period.

What makes it difficult to believe you are a City supporter is that you rarely have anything positive to say about the team and/or club.

And, for the sake of transparency, there is a real discussion going on right now as to whether you should be banned as a WUM (blue or not).

Have anything to say to that?

Why would I waste my time pissing other clubs fans off? Look at my previous posts about transfers etc. I hope for things to improve an already amazing squad. Would a Liverpool fan do that?

I doubt anything I write will affect you guys opinion but I just think it’s a shame one cannot express his opinions when the team clearly is not as good as it can be, without having to defend myself everytime for accusations of representing another club. It’s absolutely bs.

Big win and lots of character on display. BUT Mendy is appalling and Mahrez is gutless and lazy. Huge ability for sure and a great goal but he’s all round play today was poor. Those two are serious weak links. Fernandinho MOTM and Foden and Jesus did a brilliant job of pressing and stopping them playing out when they came on.

Translation: we will literally say anything and lie to your face and no one can do anything about it so fuck off.

WWE levels of scripting but sadly paying fans being shafted so the PL can sell 'their brand' around the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.