Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

Yes and he very classily went round every one of our stands and applauded us which is more than any City player has done for a good few years other than last game of the season laps.
He is a class act. And I won't mind him... Okay I won't finish that thought :)

Teams are very vulnerable when transitioning from the core of one great side to another. Wenger never managed this, but Guardiola looks close to doing it at City.
The key is to transition early. Relegate the older stars before they begin their descent. And promote the replacement before the hit their peak. At first it would seem irrational but within months ( assuming the replacement are quality) the transition will kick in. The beauty of this aggressive transition is if the young guys falter in a game, you have rested experience heads to come in and try to save the day.

I think.

Last edited:
Wonder how much that drummer makes from fans walking back into town. His case looked pretty full of coins when I walked past. He really gives it some welly.

Wonder how much that drummer makes from fans walking back into town. His case looked pretty full of coins when I walked past. He really gives it some welly.

I had a look In his collection on the summer at and he had about 50 pound coins and loads of silver.

The key is to transition early. Relegate the older stars before they begin their descent. And promote the replacement before the hit their pick. At first it would seem irrational but within months ( assuming the replacement are quality) the transition will kick in. The beauty of this aggressive transition is if the young guys falter in a game, you have rested experience heads to come in and try to save the day.

I think.
You would have got rid of vinny,dave,sergio and dinho 3 seasons ago if you had your way,you can never tell if it's a bad patch or decline,it's a nonsense you can define the moment of decline,we wouldn't be back to back champs etc without those 4

I was talking to a Chelsea fan earlier who said that he was very impressed with how we (City) pressed them at times in the match; said he's not seen them struggle to get out of the back as often as they did yesterday all season.

Interesting perspective.

Very interesting as I thought it was the worst pressing I've seen from City in years.

I've not seen anything like the press of last season, teams are playing out with ease,

Yesterdays performance was mixed but we came through a tough game & a team who is wanting to play the Pep way

Dino was class yesterday with Kev also in the mix

Sterling had another quite game but the reason I think is Zinchenko not playing at LB.

Mendy isn't up 2 it, he gives me no confidence whatsoever

Aguero now looks out for a good while so time to move Sterling in there & Bernardo out wide.

Jesus still not a top finisher IMO

Last but not least how many times do I have to say Phil has to start b 4 Dave

Dave should be coming on for Phil not the other way

Agree entirely.

Dave for the last 20 minutes of we are chasing games and defences have tired legs.

My midfield three would be Fern, Foden and De Bruyne, with Bernardo and Sterling being able to get back in.

Walker and Zin, when available, with Stones and Otamendi being allowed to play together again.

We have tried/been forced to mess with a winning formula.

The new guys aren't up to it yet.
That’s the team for me.

I would bring Walker and Zin back in, but most importantly we need more zip and steel in midfield. We just don’t have it at the moment and teams like Chelsea are simply running straight through us with speed. As much as I love Merlin, it’s time that Phil transitioned into the team. I thought it made a noticeable difference when he came on because of his ability to press, as well as his willingness to shoot. This also means Fern back in his normal position.

Also I would 100% bring Bernie back in ahead of Mahrez. The latter is just doing it for me defensively re the press. I know that we haven’t seen peak Bernie this season, but he has it in him re defending from the front, whereas Mahrez doesn’t.

We are definitely showing signs of creaking and groaning. It’s a matter of how best to manage that, and to me getting back to what we know best is the answer. Just on another note, Gabby coming in for Kun, plus Phil, would really take us up a notch in terms of the press, and taking the pressure off the other midfielders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.