Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

That's what I thought, arguing with a journo on Twitter who recko's the lino ruled it out, not VAR.

Think that was the official line from PL but it happened right in front of me He didn’t flag initially but after a conversation he did so technically I guess he did rule it out but it was farcical

Think that was the official line from PL but it happened right in front of me He didn’t flag initially but after a conversation he did so technically I guess he did rule it out but it was farcical

Yep, how I saw it too. Linesman didn't raise flag until consultation, so he didn't make tje decision, he was told what his decision was.

I’m sure Atkinson told him VAR had ruled it offside, so raise the flag so everyone knows it. I did notice it was quick decision and the view shown in TV had the ball about a foot away from the head of the header, so the “timing” of the stop motion was completely bogus! But then, the FA have already had to admit they don’t have the ability to stop the play at the exact moment these things occur and have to use their best guess as the correct frame to use...and then rule on matters by fractions that are smaller than the timing could possibly take into account!

What a joke system!

Over here, they showed the replay, SAID he managed to stay onside, then had to just gloss over the fact that VAR was simply a fleece job!

For all the world to see:

w976w3nulh041.jpg

C H E A T S
From the Laws of the Game:

“The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.”

That said, their choice of freeze frame was ridiculous! You can see the entire head of hair of the player who headed the ball, so it is IMPOSSIBLE for that to be the moment any offense took place!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.