#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being forced to play literally every game because nobody else can play LW, Pep needs to change things up, put in a youth player or change the formation so we aren't forced to need him.

Definitely overplayed. And not just this season.

We need Sane back to left Raz play on the right wing. We play a lot better for me when the wingers are going at the full backs and not cutting back inside.

We need Sane back to left Raz play on the right wing. We play a lot better for me when the wingers are going at the full backs and not cutting back inside.
Yes, but even more simply I think we just need pace on BOTH wings if we are playing with wingers. I don't even care which side they play on.

Anyone feel like Sterling has been assisting a lot less than he used to? Just could be me..
He was never prolific to be fair. Delivery has never been his strength. It used to be him with all the goals and Sane with all of the assists.

ETA: Just looked on Whoscored and there has been a drop off in the league.

Anyone feel like Sterling has been assisting a lot less than he used to? Just could be me..

1 assist in the league this season. 10 and 11 in last 2 season. 2 years ago we had 4 players on the top of assists in the league - De Bruyne 16, Sane 15, Silva and Sterling 11. Last season it was 4 in top 12 and this 3 in 21. We're missing Sane more than we generally think. Even with him being a sub usually (Pep dropped a bollock with Sane, he was way too harsh with player of such production) he'd still score his usual 10 and assisted 10-15.

He was never prolific to be fair. Delivery has never been his strength. It used to be him with all the goals and Sane with all of the assists.

21 assists in last 2 seasons. Joint 4th best in the league in 17/18 and joint 6th best last season.

Him and Sane produced 46 assists between them in last two seasons.

Sterling is average player on the left, he scores few goals but his general contribution is close to nothing more time than not. his best football ever came when he was on the right and Sane on the left. Our best football too.

Another below average performance from Raheem.

His Contract expires: 30.06.2023

I have no idea why the club is willing to extend his contract and pay him more now !

They are treating him like Messi.

At lease wait until January 2021 and start the negotiation. ( two years & half before his contract expires )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.