City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

Just got in from an excellent evening & had a chance to have a better look at this.

The first thing that springs out at me is that it massively overvalues us. According to the Markham Multivariate Model (which is a consistent and accurate way of valuing fooball clubs) we're worth about $2.75bn (£2.2bn) so they've overpaid for that 10% stake by $200m but I'm not complaining. They obviously feel there's considerable upside to the value of CFG.

The second is that it's a $500m cash injection to CFG but, as I've said before, I think that CFG, excluding City, is eating up cash. They want to build a stadium in New York and this is probably a way of raising funds to do that without Abu Dhabi having to put money in.

The third thing is that our market capitalisation is much higher than united's. It's harder to value a privately-owned company than a publicly-quoted one so a share sale like this opens a window to do that. Their share price has them at somewhere around £2.25bn whereas ours has us at £3.85bn after this deal. According to the Markham model though, we're at £2.2bn compared to their £2.67bn.

Finally, by retaining 75% of the CFG shares, ADUG is still in complete control as 75% is the minimum shareholding required to be able to force through significant changes via a special resolution. They can't be outvoted on an ordinary resolution as long as they have 50%+1 but need the additional 25% for special resolutions. I'd guess that we won't be seeing any more share sales like this on that basis, at least not for a while and only if one of the two minority shareholders sells their stake.

But but but, its all fake. Alan Green still worrying about what happens when the bored sheik leaves his plaything behind.
And to think that when Soriano put this idea to the Barca board, they turned their noses up at it.
Next stop, world domination. What tricks have UEFA got left to stop us now?
Suck that, motherfuckers!
Alan Green needs to realise if the sheik did ever sell it would take a very rich fucker to buy us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.