City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

This isn't good news - 10 % stake going to venture capitalists - all they care about is a return ! The Chinese deal made sense as there was a media company involved and the chance to increase and substantially grow the franchise using their expertise. There doesn't appear to be anything strategic about this alliance. Let's hope this doesn't become a growing trend or x years down the line it could be Glazer's like with football taking very much a back seat ....

Silverlake want the increased profile or they wouldn’t be buying into the CFG (as well as wanting to make money of course).

Prestwich Blue has suggested some synergies and development opportunities on twitter. They are also part of a growing group with Mumbai City about to be announced.

I know it's good for the club but cheering about financial stuff seems a bit weird

True, but I think what this news shows is that it's further proof that we're a stable club financially these days and it's a totally sustainable model. We've moved on from the heavy investment and heavy losses of the early years and the chairman's words back in 2014 in the wake of the FFP punishment have proven to be bang on. The bitter twats amongst the media and opposition clubs and fans would be better off saving their energy and doing something constructive such as looking at what City have done to see if there was any way their own clubs may be able to replicate at least part of it.

Fantastic news!

And to think, HRH "only" paid around £200 million for the club.

I know the investment is in CFC, and not just City, but that’s some growth in just over 11 years.

This isn't good news - 10 % stake going to venture capitalists - all they care about is a return ! The Chinese deal made sense as there was a media company involved and the chance to increase and substantially grow the franchise using their expertise. There doesn't appear to be anything strategic about this alliance. Let's hope this doesn't become a growing trend or x years down the line it could be Glazer's like with football taking very much a back seat ....

Explain?

If you know anything about the city group where its heading + more teams to be added to there portfolio and what it brings to the table to a mega company like Silver Lake you come across as clueless.

I wonder if all the companies that Silverlake have invested in are worried you know the likes of Dell, Madison SQ Garden and Skype etc have similar concerns Not all Venture Capitalists are bad I’m positive that the current owners wouldn’t be doing anything that is bad for the group Just think of the blueband companies that we are now associated with and the sponsorship opportunities

I wonder if all the companies that Silverlake have invested in are worried you know the likes of Dell, Madison SQ Garden and Skype etc have similar concerns Not all Venture Capitalists are bad I’m positive that the current owners wouldn’t be doing anything that is bad for the group Just think of the blueband companies that we are now associated with and the sponsorship opportunities
Yup. A nice lunch with chairmen of all Silver Lake companies.........

I need to eat less cheese before bedtime..

I had the weirdest dream that a US Company had invested half a billion dollars into us which then valued our team a few dollars less than some Cowboys from Dallas as the most valuable sporting team on the planet..!

I then watched a link of our Chairman saying "this is just the start for City", then with a bit of a twinkle in his eye I heard him say something along the lines of, maybe the best manager on the 3 rock from the sun will be staying a longer term to oversee things..!

And to think, we used to have the biggest floodlights a while back...!

I like it when you have a nice dream, puts you in a good mood for the rest of the day...!

Haha..!
At my age Bill I much more prefer a wet dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.