Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Granted we have some integral players injured and the CB situation is an absolute headache, but there are a lot of other factors missing from the previous 2 seasons imo -

Lack of on field leadership.

Lack of authority.

Lack of intensity / aggression.

Lack of ruthlessness.

Lack of that incessant press we had. What happened to the 6 second rule?

Hunger. Last two seasons we were like men possessed if needing a goal / result. This season we look like we can 'take it or leave it' whenever we need to step up. That eye of the tiger mentality has evaporated.

That 'extra 15%' that wins titles just isn't there, and that's across the whole squad.

Whether that is mental tiredness or 'we are back to back champions so we're entitled to a season off', or a combination of both, I'm not sure.

I've said this from very early on this season. We haven't looked right and haven't looked like a team who will win things this season.

Only a Champions League victory will kill the misery of losing the title to them

we wont get passed the next round of the champs league playing like we are. ...... once we come up against a strong team its good night Vienna

It that free kick that Shelvey scored with was City attacking it would have been closed down, the lack of desire is alarming! On saying that Raz and Jesus should have scored in the second half. Unfortunately the defence is not anywhere near a title winning team and a team we should be able to defend a lead with a few minutes to go.

The only players who come out with any credit today for me are Ederson,Fern, Silva, Kdb + Raz, the rest were poor
ederson did fuck all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.