As Things Stand...

We rarely do business in January and the biggest is issue is that buying a CB will be pointless considering all the good ones will be ineligible for the CL.
That's not true anymore, changed the law a year or two ago, now you can register a player who arrive in January for the next stages of the Champions League , even if he played for other team in the Champions League that year.

That's not true anymore, changed the law a year or two ago, now you can register a player who arrive in January for the next stages of the Champions League , even if he played for other team in the Champions League that year.

I was not aware of that. In this case we really should try to get someone to bolster our CB position in January.

Sancho is trouble. He demanded a move away from City and if the reports are to believed he is already looking to get out of Dortmund. Looks very much like a case of a young man starting to believe in his own legend (or having a very greedy agent). In either case we don’t need that kind of disruption.
This is the problem with a lot of England players . They were lucky to get to the World Cup semi final but are believing there own hype .

I remember how much we struggled in defense before Laporte joined the club. Vinnie was injured most of the time and we were only stable at the back the few games he played.

With him gone and Laporte now injured, we are back to the defense we had in 16/17 season where we were dependent on Stones and Otamendi, and conceding as hell.

It’s frustrating and a bit mind-boggling to see that we still have these problems three years later, but I think our defense will be fully sorted for next summer.

Mendy will have this season to prove he can become the man we signed, otherwise a new LB in the summer will definitely replace him. A third injury would also kill the clubs patience with him. We’ll see how he handles himself these upcoming month.

RB-position is finally sorted. Kyle has really upped his game since we brought in Cancelo and Cancelo himself will become a wonderful asset for this club in the future.

As for centre backs I wonder what Pep really thinks of Stones after these years. He looks pretty much the same guy as in 16/17, he still makes tons of mistakes. He is great driving the ball forward but he can’t fckng defend, that’s for sure. I can’t even remember the last time I saw him tackle anyone. He is a pushover, he is weak in duels, he is passive and overall seem to have a lousy reading of the game. I’m done with him. For me, he can be our third or fourth CB, but not a longterm partner to Laporte.

Dias, Skriniar and Caglar would all fit the bill for us but none of them will be obtainable in January, so he do we solve our defensive crisis?
This is the perfect season to go all out and get that UCL trophy but for that to happen, Laporte need a world class partner.

We need to go all out for this Lautaro Martinez kid before Barça come sniffing for a Suarez replacement. He’s Aguero’s heir.

Not convinced he is anywhere near good enough. Seems to have a purple patch at the moment, but his scoring stats have not been good enough up until now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.