As Things Stand...

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Trautmann's Chiropractor, 6 Nov 2019.

1. antjmurray

antjmurray

What about Jack Butland as the home grown keeper. If Stoke go down again they would be desperate to get rid and would only play Carabao Cup

Semper aggressus likes this.
  2. greasedupdeafguy

greasedupdeafguy

I'm going to presume you haven't watched him at all for the past three seasons?

Rather have Carson in net.

Keeper! likes this.
  3. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    for me it would be

Sell: Gundogan, Mendy, Bravo
    Might leave: Sane

Out of contract: David Silva (think it would almost be disrespectful to try and convince him to stay unless he has a change of heart)

I think in the next two transfer windows we MUST buy:

1. A centre half (commanding in the air and ball playing) - this would leave us with Stones Laporte, New player and the two young lads.

2. A left sided winger (dont like the look of the lad called Oyarzabal (reminds me too much of Mahrez and think we need something different). This Sancho has also burnt his bridges with the club (and that suggests an attitude problem as well)

3 A left back if Mendy doesnt up his performances to slug it out with Angelino (and we dont know if he is going to be consistently good enough yet)

4. A midfielder to replace/take Gundogans spot - for me he just doesnt offer anything near as much as any of the other midfielders - we need better.

5. A young striker to compete with Jesus once Kun hangs up his boots.

It will all depend on Peps position however - a new manager at some point may well have very different opinions on ALL the players.

4. VOOMER

VOOMER

Dybala
    Vinincius Jr
    Koulibaly

I

5. Keeper!

Keeper!

Personally think Mahrez will leave in the summer if we can get some sort of decent fee, great footballer but no sure he is right for our team.

argyle likes this.
  6. Trautmann's Chiropractor

Trautmann's Chiropractor

Have added in Koulibaly, Evans, Dembele and Coman to the list.

Don’t see any of these happening personally, maybe Evans to fill the quota and have a wiser head at the back. Would like Koulibaly but it’s a big outlay for the time we’d get out of him.

Definitely feel we should stay clear of Dembele, horrible attitude problems and having him and Mendy together could bring out the worst in them. Coman is too injury prone and probably has a bit of Michael Owen syndrome.

7. abu13

abu13

Ive been to Hastings, Ive been to Brighton,
    I believe that over the next couple of windows we will see a number of changes.

I suspect we will lose the Bravo, Ottomendi, Merlin and Sane, Personally i think Foden will replace Merlin. I just hope our scouting is up to speed to get the replacements in.

8. Bellamy's Caddy

Bellamy's Caddy

I'd love City to sign Chilwell. I suspect the centre back and midfield priorities will prevent it from happening but I think he'd be a massive upgrade on Mendy (certainly on his current showing).

9. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

Otamendi and Sane will be replaced in January I guess. So if Foden replaces Silva then there is no panic. Only back up GK left.

10. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    Not sure he'll around much longer sadly. Once he reaches the stage when he can't play every week and with the family being here I think he'll be off.