Guardiola rules out any January signings.

I don't think you buy players to replace injured players.

The injury to Laporte exposes the poor quality of the cover. Last season, Kompany was the cover. Now it is an aging Otamendi or Fernandinho. I think City see Garcia and Harwood-Bellis as cover next season, and possibly first team players so I don't think we should buy a central defender. It's too short term.

I do think Guardiola has made the wrong call on Fernandinho. I don't think we should pay too much to comments at press conferences which may not mean too much but I am wary that he maybe on a mission to prove that he can convert Fernadinho to a central defender. Hopefully these comments ("I like Fernandinho playing in that position a lot," I prefer him there. That's why he plays") are nothing more than a manager refusing to criticise his player in public.

I hope that when Laporte recovers, Stones will partner him and this experiment ends.

We don't have any spots left in the squad for new players. He's always going to say nobody is coming.

If someone comes in for Otamendi, we'll sign a new defender.

This is where we were in September and nothing has changed. We are not going to drop anyone out of the squad list so incoming transfers very unlikely.

It wont stop us sniffing about and asking questions. A lot of transfers that happen in the summer start in January.

The injury to Laporte exposes the poor quality of the cover. Last season, Kompany was the cover. Now it is an aging Otamendi or Fernandinho. I think City see Garcia and Harwood-Bellis as cover next season, and possibly first team players so I don't think we should buy a central defender. It's too short term.

I do think Guardiola has made the wrong call on Fernandinho. I don't think we should pay too much to comments at press conferences which may not mean too much but I am wary that he maybe on a mission to prove that he can convert Fernadinho to a central defender. Hopefully these comments ("I like Fernandinho playing in that position a lot," I prefer him there. That's why he plays") are nothing more than a manager refusing to criticise his player in public.

I hope that when Laporte recovers, Stones will partner him and this experiment ends.

Totally agree Marv, but there are occasional exceptions e.g. Mendy

Totally agree Marv, but there are occasional exceptions e.g. Mendy

What about replacing Kompany?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.