Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time everton put up any sort of a fight was when they had duncan ferguson in their team

Now they just roll over and allow their belly to be tickled by liverpool

In all honesty, everton actually try harder against us
Lost at Anfield to a freak injury time winner and drew at Goodison, don't remember big Dunc playing.

@shackattack Every. Bloody. Time.

Yes, a few of our fans are twats about Hillsborough. Most blues aren't. Tbh I don't like Heysel references either.
Every derby game at theirs they say we spat on the hillsborough memorial/did wall pushing gestures and yeah few maybe do but it is definitely a minority. they seem to thrive on this being everyone's second club thing yet i meet very few who think that way. i have a chelsea mate who hates them more than anyone i know.

i think derbies have stagnated due to changes in the game and lack of local players in teams. players just want to play in the big CL and premier games.
Not sure that’s totally correct, mate. Might be for some players, but plenty enjoy immersing themselves in the local culture while they’re here. They may as well ffs. Sergio, for example, loves Manchester Derbies.

Loads of Liverpool derbies have been seriously fierce since the influx of foreign players en masse. I bet there’s been more sending offs in Liverpool Derbies since the PL was formed than in the 27 years that preceded it.

And plenty of Manchester Derbies were wank and largely uneventful in the seventies and eighties.

Like when united beat us in 1980, when Micky Thomas looped the only goal off a City defender’s leg and over Big Joe. Remember the united fans in the Scoreboard Paddock giving Steve Daley dog’s abuse after he slipped while taking a corner. Funny the things you remember*

That was a pretty uneventful, tepid game iirc.

Some Derbies will be flat for no particular reason.

* Edit; just watched it on Youtube. Think I did the game a bit of a disservice in terms of being uneventful tbf. There wasn’t much argy-bargy, mind. The standard of football was absolute light years behind today. We should have got at least a draw.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone who has Liverpool as a second club and most fans I know hate them. Not just City or United or Everton fans either. My stepfamily are Chelsea and they hate them, I've got mates who support Southampton, Watford and Forest who hate them.
Not sure that’s totally correct, mate. Might be for some players, but plenty enjoy immersing themselves in the local culture while they’re here. They may as well ffs. Sergio, for example, loves Manchester Derbies.

Loads of Liverpool derbies have been seriously fierce since the influx of foreign players en masse. I bet there’s been more sending offs in Liverpool Derbies since the PL was formed than in the 27 years that preceded it.
Richarlison and Gomes are certainly getting into the spirit of Everton. And we've had a fair few non-Scouse players sent off - Funes Mori springs to mind - as have they.

@Gray If we play like we did against Leicester and Pickford doesn't act like a twat, we might be OK. MIGHT. Silva is screwed whatever happens and he knows it, but it won't hurt the team to actually turn up. Plus if we even get a draw, it'll annoy the hell out of Klopp.

Nowadays derbies are usually a drab, uninspiring affair. As an 'oldie' I remember fondly the blood and guts of the 70's games: ours, dippers/Everton, the London ones, midlands, and of course the 'Old Firm'. No inch given, none asked for. Like gladiators in the arena, it was a spectacle. Nowadays it seems both sides in a derby are too fearful of losing to their local enemy than doing their upmost to win.

Bore draws indeed.
I'll take that tonight ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.