Post Match Thread - United (h)

Thought I would give myself a nights sleep to calm down but I still think the same .. absolute disgrace... no bite and no passion, I was ashamed of my team yesterday !

Was really hoping he would bring Foden on instead of Gundogan.
It’s starting to remind me of the last days of Pellegrini when the team was decided by hierarchy.

We do make it easy for teams. There isn't a game where I don't think that every opposition attack, sparse as they might be, will not yield a goal, and once inside the area the slightest tumble will deliver them a penalty courtesy of VAR. At the other end I am convinced that with every attack we will score. But derby matches are up for grabs. Sooner or later the crappier team will win. It took us 35 years didn't it, to win a Swamp derby. I keep telling my ERO the same thing - sooner of later they will beat The Dippers. As for the Arse and Foxes game, I expect the latter will be a repetition of yesterday, woeful officiating and appalling VAR decisions.

All true. And I didn’t post that last sentence about the Arse and Leicester games with any conviction. Like you, I guess the bent bastards will see these games as a not-to-be-missed opportunity to apply the coup de grace to our fading/faded hopes.

But champions grind out results. We would clearly be a lot better off were we to have put together finer performances, but having said that, how do you translate a better performance into points. You can be the better team and still lose, you can have greater possession, more shots on target, give teams a statistical battering but you accept that as part of the game. It's the nature of the sport. But when we see how VAR is applied there cannot be a clearer example of sporting theft for some teams or sporting largesse for others - clear, obvious, and, I would suggest, quite deliberate in seeking a specific outcome.
You've put into words a lot of what I've been thinking mate tbh and like I said no team wins every game. My main point is we have not been at the races from early on. VAR is an absolute cluster and injuries have impacted. I can guarantee that Pep and the players know they could have played better. As fans we can have the same thoughts.

Maybe the club won't be so complacent in the transfer market next time.

We need decent cover for places and if that current cover isn't good enough then they shouldn't be at the club.
Far too much sentiment at this club when we have won the title, Champions have to be ruthless, keep the squad on their toes and hungry.

Why do people use bore off?
Piss off. Fuck off. Get fucked. Up yours. Kiss my arse.
But bore off?
I thought I'd at least get a fuck off from you.
Edit.
P.s I'm right though with my first post.
Because you sound like a bore, going through people's post history. Seriously, sort yourself out.

Last edited:
I just can’t help but feel sorry for Foden. ( not too sorry because he’s minted) but the effort he puts in when he plays, his attitude for a teenager, and his undeniable quality. Him not being played is an absolute joke. The only thing I think that’s keeping him at city, is that he’s a blue.

Morning blues. Still grumpy? Yeah me too. Fact is team just look a bit spent after two Herculean seasons. Fact is the team now needs a real refresh. With our assets and pull these days we really should not be cobbling together a centre half pairing. Stones an injury liability I’m afraid and the general past his peak. Must buy to boost defence. Forget Mendy. Now a clear mistake as everyone raided Monaco.
Must also refresh midfield. That’s sat on the bench. Foden should play much more without over pressurising the lad.
And we must have one or two more strikers. It was an awful state that the only change from the bench yesterday was Mahrez for a similar style player. Nothing else.
we should not be in such a state missing just three players. We coped without Kevin last season and without Sergio at times too. But too many aging players in this squad to keep pulling that off.
Question is do we act in January or wait until the summer?
John Stones has never had a peak.
We bought potentially a great, ball playing CB.
He has not improved and has visibly changed beyond recognition from the man we bought.
He looked so clean cut, he was potentialy an England Captain in the making.
He now looks like a low life chav.
We are going to have to take a very big loss to get rid of him, damaged goods is Mr Stones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.