Post Match Thread - United (h)

Any glimmer of winning the league was swallowed up yesterday, against a poor United side sadly. We played right into their hands and got schooled by a paper boy. After the Burnley game I was quite confident we would turn this lot over. As many have said we simply didn't turn up. They went for the Jugular and we were soundly beaten. I'm not gonna point fingers at the possible penaltys as IMO they weren't Nailed on. Yes they probably would of been given if we was wearing red but on the whole we weren't good enough in the 95 minutes. We are papering over the cracks at the minute and a real fight for finishing top 4 is on! It's alarming at how far we have regressed in 20 odd games overall this season. Too many players had an off day too. I've yet to see Angelino show anything that resembles a player good enough to be playing for this team. Stones is not good enough either. Age has caught up with the magician and Jesus shows glimpses of a world class player then looks bang average the next. Write the league off and start bedding in Foden and Garcia to see if they are actually good enough. And forget the Champions league. If United can take us apart then I dread to think what Barca/Madrid etc can do to us.

Well that was a bad night ,should of been worse really aswell if united were more clinical,can remember them having four or five more clear cut chances .
Result wasn’t a fluke ,better team won ,people consoling themselves complaining about var have got there heads in the sand .

I feel like I’ve watched that game several times this season ,we’re just so open , any team who defends well in numbers and breaks fast causes us all sorts of problems, could tell from the first ten minutes we were in trouble.

Rodri looks like a quality player , but that Fernandinho role as a lone pivot may not suit him , he’s asked to cover too much ground on his own and he’s not got the legs for it ,against the better teams we’ll continue to struggle,possibly with a full strength defence behind him he looks better but ,I feel we need another midfielder beside him ,maybe him and Fernandinho as a two.

Not sure Peps gonna change anything at this point though ,these problems been evident for a while ,I’m pretty sure Fernandinho will continue to be played centre half ,Foden probs stay on the bench , don’t mind us having a bad season ,it’s been an amazing couple of years ,but wish pep would show more courage in giving younger players a chance ,let’s blood Foden Garcia harwood bellis and bring a bit of positivity and energy in to the side ,honestly feels boring watching the team this season for me ? Same group of players every week .

LOL

And with that logic, why were we not peppering the world greatest keeper with shots?

We don't get out fast enough to close down shots, and our keeper has form this season for getting his feet wrong, fluffing or fumbling shots that come at him from a distance. I don't think he has been terrible, but like many players there is a clear weakness there. Why wouldn't you test that?

Even before the match was played, for me the title was over. The result yesterday just compounded that belief.

I think i'm more just disappointed with the performance than anything. in terms of the league it doesn't matter that much

We don't get out fast enough to close down shots, and our keeper has form this season for getting his feet wrong, fluffing or fumbling shots that come at him from a distance. I don't think he has been terrible, but like many players there is a clear weakness there. Why wouldn't you test that?
Our keeper is outstanding and has been since the day he arrived at the club.

He was completely unsighted for the goal and this season has a piss poor defence in front of him.

He has saved us numerous times this season from embarrassing defeats and yesterday could have been far worse if it was not for him.

Everytime we get forward we sem to cross a ball in high or it goes out for a corner which is then wasted. We seem to play to one of our weaknesses, which is someone who can get his head on the end of a cross. Interestingly the goal came from a header by perhaps our only player who is good and powerful enough to get on the end of one of these crosses.

Loosing Kompany should not have been a huge blow, he was a crock for 2 years and that's not meant to slaughter the guy in any way.

He was our captain and leader, BUT we knew his days were numbered for a long time, the same applies to Spanish Dave and will shortly apply to Sergio.

We are utterly complacent in terms of recruitment.

When we went and bought Sergio and Silva we paid top dollar, because we were buying quality, we will have to do the same for there replacements.

Sergio's replacement will cost north of 100m at the very least.

We miss Vinny's leadership. Not only on the pitch, but in the dressing room, around the training ground, etc etc. Crock or not, when he was around, he would not have stood for what happened yestrday, on or off the pitch.

One comment on VAR yesterday, I do think we should have had a penalty for the Fred handball. I played in goal many many times of many years and had to go to ground in one on ones countless times; I never put may hand down to break my "fall" because I was trying to put them where the ball was going to go. Nice save Fred!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.