Post Match Thread - United (h)

Good post and I agree about most of it. But Pep is a stubborn old sod and sometimes cannot seem to accept what's right under his nose. Why on earth did he not being in a centre back when Kompany left??? We're still lacking even when Laporte is back. Why

Agree with all of that mate.

Something I will add as well - and may get shot for. I remember many previous derby games before the takeover when various United supporters would say that we are unimportant to them and that they tegarded Liverpool as their rivals.

I always thought they were talking shite, but you know what, I don't think they were - I was wrong.

Because this is exactly how it is now the tables have turned. Normally I'd have been nervous all week before a derby, but this time, it was my wife asking me who we're playing at the weekend and me casually saying "oh yeah, I almost forgot, it's United".

But for United it was like their bloody cup final, running around like on steroids, heroic defending and looking for every moment like they wanted it much more than we did.

spot on, we have become the team to beat and united wanted it more because they are mid-table and nothing else to shout about, thankfully the score lines did not say 5 or 6 because it should have been if not for ederson and when was the last time he was man of the match for city

when city and pep have a full strength squad to pick from we don't lose to this united side, that's the hurt we are feeling, city have been so unlucky this season with injuries and even losing aguero was a blow, but we lost this derby and the fight long before the kick off, and the title was lost early doors and the players have turned off

I was ashamed of the behaviour of some of our fans yesterday, talk about spitting dummies! Throwing stuff at the corner, some "fans" in front of me left at 30 minutes, pussies.

Losing Vincent was a huge blow, then Leroy, Laporte, and Sergio. That’s 4 hugely important players. We are still a beautiful team to watch, and I still have confidence in Pep to put things right. I guess 1 or 2 cups and a top 4, hopefully, wouldn’t be the end of the world. At least we managed to lose a game without it being Gundogans fault. Personally I thought we set up too attacking yesterday, David was playing 20 yards further forward than at Burnley, almost like a 4 1 5 formation, gave them way too much chance on the counter

Our performance was utterly embarrassing .Not one player seemed up for it.What midfield we had was overrun and bypassed at will.They could have been 3-0 up after 10 mins and still Pep & the players refused to change the style of play.The Burnley game only papered over the cracks. We have had two brilliant seasons and it looks like the effort put in has caught up with us
You're joking with your 'our midfield was overrun' comment. Possession stats don't win games before you say it, but 72 per cent possession and 22 shots is hardly evidence of our midfield being overrun - quite the reverse.

At least we made a decent contribution to the SOS campaign.

After 2 incredible seasons, we have just run out of steam. It has manifested in lots of ways right throughout the club. It happens. It MAY be the beginning of the end of the most successful period in the club’s entire history- hopefully not, but a bit of perspective wouldn’t go amiss on here.

Because you sound like a bore, going through people's post history. Seriously, sort yourself out.
No, I don't go through people's post history, I only went through yours as your name only pops up when we lose.
And to my amazement after going through your post history it backs up my accusations 100%.
You're the boring fucker with your shite every time we lose.
I'm asking you straight out now, why do you never post when we win and big up pep and the boys?
It's a simple question with a simple answer but I feel that you will ignore it, tell me to bore off or bury your head in the sand.

We can't get any quality in Jan. We might get a little nugget who can add the dimension that Laporte or Sané brought to the team but I think the overwhelming feature of our play is that few are operating at the level they did last season, noticeably Sterling, Bernardo, and no matter how effective Ferny is at CB he needs to be at the pivot.
I did not jump in on his post but i still believe we can get 2nd the injuries have hit us hard but January we will still be in the CL Laporte could be back, Sane who we and in particular Sterling have missed far more than some expected and Zincky who for me is the best LB in the EPL and was badly missed yesterday, then maybe we will see Rodri and Fenry in midfield together? nuggets Milenkovic and camavinga, we can not allow KDB to burn out and at the moment he is over doing it for the team

At least we made a decent contribution to the SOS campaign.

After 2 incredible seasons, we have just run out of steam. It has manifested in lots of ways right throughout the club. It happens. It MAY be the beginning of the end of the most successful period in the club’s entire history- hopefully not, but a bit of perspective wouldn’t go amiss on here.

a rebuild is needed and if pep saying no new signings in the winter transfer window then the calm before storm is coming ?? but pep is right you can not build another team mid-season and we are talking 5 or 6 new signing and players going, so maybe we just have to suck eggs this season and hope we get players back from long term injury and have a good run at the champions league

Losing Vincent was a huge blow, then Leroy, Laporte, and Sergio. That’s 4 hugely important players. We are still a beautiful team to watch, and I still have confidence in Pep to put things right. I guess 1 or 2 cups and a top 4, hopefully, wouldn’t be the end of the world. At least we managed to lose a game without it being Gundogans fault. Personally I thought we set up too attacking yesterday, David was playing 20 yards further forward than at Burnley, almost like a 4 1 5 formation, gave them way too much chance on the counter
Loosing Kompany should not have been a huge blow, he was a crock for 2 years and that's not meant to slaughter the guy in any way.

He was our captain and leader, BUT we knew his days were numbered for a long time, the same applies to Spanish Dave and will shortly apply to Sergio.

We are utterly complacent in terms of recruitment.

When we went and bought Sergio and Silva we paid top dollar, because we were buying quality, we will have to do the same for there replacements.

Sergio's replacement will cost north of 100m at the very least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.