Var debate 2019/20

there is a difference though ...

last season Salah could be miles offside and the goal is given.
Last season Salah could fall in the box with zero contact and the ref would point to the spot

There is no way the above could happen anymore with VAR - yes, marginal decisions could be swayed in their favour - but clear offsides, clear diving etc they can’t get away with because we see what the VAR see’s - if they are systematically cheating in favour of certain teams then they would more likely to be exposed with VAR than before when the ref and lino could give whatever decision they wanted
Have you not seen any of the dives that Liverpool have had given to win them points this season?
Have you seen the official VAR review of Liverpool's second goal against City? You know, the official computer generated one with the lines on the pitch and the dotted lines to show the furthest forward part of the body?

Last season Salah could fall in the box with zero contact and the ref would point to the spot

There is no way the above could happen anymore with VAR - yes, marginal decisions could be swayed in their favour - but clear offsides, clear diving etc they can’t get away with because we see what the VAR see’s - if they are systematically cheating in favour of certain teams then they would more likely to be exposed with VAR than before when the ref and lino could give whatever decision they wanted
Haha salad and mane are still diving,aside from a couple of times they still get pens as does rashford,no way eh? as for offsides,no problem,did you see our game?

You've hit the nail on the head here. The Law probably was intended to prevent goals from happening. But it doesn't do that. It falls short. The Law is very poorly framed, which is inexcusable for an organisation such as IFAB.

Because of the inadequacy of the Law, we have people like Elleray, Riley, Swarbrick, Oliver etc. all coming up with their own interpretations, backed up with the excuse that this is what football wants, or this is what the Law intended, or this is against the spirit of the Law. We are back in the realms of subjectivity, which can very easily be used to determine a certain outcome.

But at least football is learning from its mistakes, and it will get there in the end. Trouble is though, it has already demoralised City players, who realise they are playing against the system. But what an achievement it was last season to achieve a clean sweep of domestic trophies, despite every obstacle that was placed in our way.

I think all the refs have been told exactly how the law should be interpreted.

We see what VAR sees and it makes no difference they still shaft us as they have no one to answer to, and when they do come up with an answer eventually it’s stuff like “ his arm has to be somewhere”
Wtf it’s rigged to determine the results they want.
Football as far as City are concerned is finished, wake up and smell the coffee.

CTID

So laughable i’m Not even going to bother

Have you not seen any of the dives that Liverpool have had given to win them points this season?
Have you seen the official VAR review of Liverpool's second goal against City? You know, the official computer generated one with the lines on the pitch and the dotted lines to show the furthest forward part of the body?

has Salah done a ridiculous dive to win a penalty this season ? like he was doing on a regular basis last season.

as for the second goal you mention, I said that is a marginal decision that could be swayed in their favour which it seems it was , but was more making the point in seasons before they could let Salah be yards offside and get away with it , in fact they scored a goal at West Ham miles offside last season and it was given - that same goal could simply not be allowed with VAR. tight/marginal agree can be swayed in a teams favour which is still clearly not acceptable.

has Salah done a ridiculous dive to win a penalty this season ? like he was doing on a regular basis last season.

Mane has taken over this season, Salah calmed down a bit towards the end of last season after the press eventually started calling him out on it.

Mane has taken over this season, Salah calmed down a bit towards the end of last season after the press eventually started calling him out on it.

The panel are saying it’s a pen because of the contact :/

regardless. All I’m saying - is previous seasons dive or not refs could just give a penalty when they felt like it- it’s harder to do for them nowadays. I’m not arguing the point Liverpool still have cheating diving wankstains at the club, but least if they go down without contact it’s a lot harder to give the decision.

as for the second goal you mention, I said that is a marginal decision that could be swayed in their favour which it seems it was , but was more making the point in seasons before they could let Salah be yards offside and get away with it , in fact they scored a goal at West Ham miles offside last season and it was given - that same goal could simply not be allowed with VAR. tight/marginal agree can be swayed in a teams favour which is still clearly not acceptable.

Liverpool have had 3 pens. The Mane flop vs Leicester was pretty stupid. I don't recall the one against Spurs (Aurier through Mane), but Luiz pulled Salah's shirt against Arsenal to give one which was fairly soft - I don't think Salah fell over, just stopped.
All were at home.

The other notable VAR that I remember was Lovren taking a dive vs Palace which saw a Palace goal ruled out. My memory says he was miles from the ball, and got a slight nudge from a man running behind him (both were running forward). It might have been Sunday Supplement which suggested we'll see players taking a fall on the offchance that VAR overrules a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.