VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Do you know why Pep says it will be better next year (Post-match press conference against Man Utd and why he says VAR will change). It's because he knows.

Europe's top coaches (including Pep) met with UEFA two weeks ago in Nyon. And UEFA agrees with Pep and has assured him and the rest of football that there will be change.

Do you know why Pep says it will be better next year (Post-match press conference against Man Utd and why he says VAR will change). It's because he knows.

Europe's top coaches (including Pep) met with UEFA two weeks ago in Nyon. And UEFA agrees with Pep and has assured him and the rest of football that there will be change.

and you know this how?

and you know this how?
Piece together the evidence. Pep's statements about how he "was a supporter of VAR and will be in the future." "It will be different next season."

The news that Europe's top coaches, including Pep, met in Nyon a fortnight ago to discuss VAR.

Statements from the UEFA president that could have been taken word for word from Bluemoon regarding the lack if precision in the VAR offside measurement.

I believe that they will change the offside rule and the handball rule but VAR will remain. It's not good enough but at least the UEFA president has a brain. I knew they'd change the system but they are inherently conservative. We're still be left with two layers of subjective interpretation and stop start.

Has there been the usual uefa statement about the elbow yet to say, it was reviewed and deemed insufficient contact to cause Rodri to go down?

Piece together the evidence. Pep's statements about how he "was a supporter of VAR and will be in the future." "It will be different next season."

The news that Europe's top coaches, including Pep, met in Nyon a fortnight ago to discuss VAR.

Statements from the UEFA president that could have been taken word for word from Bluemoon regarding the lack if precision in the VAR offside measurement.

I believe that they will change the offside rule and the handball rule but VAR will remain. It's not good enough but at least the UEFA president has a brain. I knew they'd change the system but they are inherently conservative. We're still be left with two layers of subjective interpretation and stop start.

so you don't know then :)

I hope you're right, I was an advocate for technology, I didn't want the pile of shite we've been saddled with though.

Has there been the usual uefa statement about the elbow yet to say, it was reviewed and deemed insufficient contact to cause Rodri to go down?

the implication in the commentary last night was that it wasn't reviewed, which if true is just unbelievable

One of the things that the refs should do to get football on side is to explain their decisions and make the video footage available for scrutiny.

At the moment they periodically come out with statements over error rates which no one accepts. VAR was supposed to be here to help referees and the game but is is being imposed with a layer of secrecy and cloak and dagger. it shouldn't be like that. I remember many months ago when some of us thought VAR would be a good thing as it would reduce the bias and error in the game, however we now have teams like Man Utd and Liverpool who have been beneficiaries and City losers. I say that with penalty awards in mind. I know the stats for those (8,3,2), but Liverpool have also received a lot of other VAR calls in their favour most notably the Anfield game where the whole course of the game was turned by a VAR error, and the the push on Sterling by Mane was also ignored. It as said that it as not a clear and obvious error well no a ref could not be expected to see that in real time but that's why we have replays? ANd then the Bernardo foul on Rashford was overturned in the Manchester Derby. They find what excuses they can. There's always an excuse for every decision and the end product is that City end up being done by VAR again and again and again whilst Utd and Liverpool get the majority of decisions. That is exactly how it has been.

It boils down to transparency, simple as that, mike up the refs and the var team, play it in real time and all (or most) calls of corruption will go away overnight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.