Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

Kevin De Bruyne: “You want to grow as a head coach. If he doesn’t, it’s his decision, but why, otherwise, start coaching in that way? Whatever he wants to do, you have to do it. If you want to grow, you need to take opportunities when they come." [via @MirrorFootball]

Hope this gets sorted one way or another this week or it'll be a distraction

The squad is unbalanced (although I think that's a charitable word to use). It's simply not good enough for where you think you should be. So the manager isn't the problem then on that basis.

You've got an owner who couldn't give a shit and won't spend the money you need to spend just to keep up, let alone win anything. Even your chairman says he's left out of the decision making process and is considering quitting while the only director under 70 is Stan Kroenke's son. It's a mess and no one can possibly succeed there without guarantees of time and money. and even then it's not a given.

The thing is, even with the poor performances, this is a squad that in the main finished 1 point off the top 4 last season, and got to Europa League final beating Valencia & Napoli home and away on the way there.

It's lost its way, there's no doubt about that. I think it's lost its identity in play, Emery chopped and changed constantly, both formation & personnel, and that was just confusing for everyone, in the end players looked lost out there.

I think if a new manager / coach comes in, with a clear identity and way of playing, with clear instructions, the performances can improve a lot. We need some turnover of players as well, but i don't think we're as bad as we are playing just now.

Kevin De Bruyne: “You want to grow as a head coach. If he doesn’t, it’s his decision, but why, otherwise, start coaching in that way? Whatever he wants to do, you have to do it. If you want to grow, you need to take opportunities when they come." [via @MirrorFootball]

Hope this gets sorted one way or another this week or it'll be a distraction

I think KDB should focus on his football and not comment on these things. Arteta's departure could be a serious blow for us because I believe the management sees him as the man to replace Pep when the day comes. He is as close as you get to a Guardiola-styled coach, the one that understands our football philosophy probably better than most coaches in the world. Just imagine the things he learned over the years by studying Pep up-close. For me, Arteta is the man to lead Man City when Pep is done here. He is our future. And here comes the fkng gunners and steal him away? It pisses me off. I consider this a major blow. It's not the same as when Dominic Torrent left.

I think KDB should focus on his football and not comment on these things. Arteta's departure could be a serious blow for us because I believe the management sees him as the man to replace Pep when the day comes. He is as close as you get to a Guardiola-styled coach, the one that understands our football philosophy probably better than most coaches in the world. Just imagine the things he learned over the years by studying Pep up-close. For me, Arteta is the man to lead Man City when Pep is done here. He is our future. And here comes the fkng gunners and steal him away? It pisses me off. I consider this a major blow. It's not the same as when Dominic Torrent left.
Both him and pep were grilled after the game,they have to say something,it'll make no difference what he says

The S*n never fail to disappoint

Not only is he 100% going... he's taking Sane and Foden with him

He must be an outstanding coach or he wouldn’t be where he is. Does that mean he’ll succeed as the No.1 at a massive, yet currently toxic, club like Arsenal - most probably not. If Pep himself were to go to Arsenal I doubt he’d succeed given their problems are so myriad.

Mike should resist temptation and bide his time, keep learning from the master at City and whenever Pep does move on he’ll be as well placed as anyone to take the reins. I hope he stays.

If Arteta has been promised or has been told he's next in line for the City job after Pep, whether that be next season or in 3 years time, it doesn't make sense to me that he would want to leave..

We are growing year on year and are the second most valuable club in world sport behind some Cowboys from Dallas..

He could stay and continue to learn under Pep whilst he's still our manager..

He could go, it goes tits up and he lasts 18 months at Arsenal and his stock within the game would then be shot..

Big decision for him, the pull of arguably London's biggest club versus staying put and being promoted within..

Maybe he knows he will not be offered Pep's job when he leaves so is talking to Arsenal..

If he was settled here and his future was mapped out as a natural successor to Pep, why would he be talking to Arsenal?

No smoke without fire..!

The squad is unbalanced (although I think that's a charitable word to use). It's simply not good enough for where you think you should be. So the manager isn't the problem then on that basis.

You've got an owner who couldn't give a shit and won't spend the money you need to spend just to keep up, let alone win anything. Even your chairman says he's left out of the decision making process and is considering quitting while the only director under 70 is Stan Kroenke's son. It's a mess and no one can possibly succeed there without guarantees of time and money. and even then it's not a given.

Can't agree. Arsenal have got some quality players.

I'd take Lacazzette, I'd take Emerick, I'd take Pepe (shit tonne of potential), and I like Geuenduzi.

They have some decent young full backs as well.

It's a better squad than Leicester and look where they are.

Arsenal's problems start at the top and they are making there way onto the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.