Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

If Pep himself were to go to Arsenal I doubt he’d succeed given their problems are so myriad.
He might, but it would take 2 seasons and a lot of money to sort it out, when he came to us we'd already brought in players for him, and it still took 9 months to get right (and further money). There is no plan at arsenal, so whoever goes there needs to develop one.

Emery was trying, but he wasn't given the funds or the time to develop it properly (our arsenal fan may disagree).

Maybe he knows he will not be offered Pep's job when he leaves so is talking to Arsenal..

If he was settled here and his future was mapped out as a natural successor to Pep, why would he be talking to Arsenal?
We'd be stupid to offer him that when he has no experience, unless we know Pep can manage him to that level over time.

He'll be talking to them because they are offering him the chance, he'd be daft not listen, he'd also be daft to accept in my view, but I'm glad City are letting him have discussions, and in many ways that might help him decide to stay.

He might, but it would take 2 seasons and a lot of money to sort it out, when he came to us we'd already brought in players for him, and it still took 9 months to get right (and further money). There is no plan at arsenal, so whoever goes there needs to develop one.

Emery was trying, but he wasn't given the funds or the time to develop it properly (our arsenal fan may disagree).
It’s always harsh to generalise and I’m sure they have their fair share of decent fans but the sense of entitlement and impatience displayed by the more vocal elements of their fan base makes it unlikely that any manager will get the time needed.

Arteta to Everton and ancellotti to arsenal would make much more sense for all concerned
Wouldn’t leave City for Everton! The Arse, maybe, as long as they gave me a 3.5 yr deal and £200M in the summer to plug some holes!

Everton or City? No brainer!

Can’t blame if he goes. Arsenal are fam blud.

Can you imagine the interest we’d get in replacing him. The opportunity to work with the best.

Bit of a left field appointment but I'd love to see Ange Postecoglou from Yokohama come work with Pep, if he was willing to take an assistant job. He just won the title with them after they finished 12th last season.

Great opportunity for Ange to come and learn from the best, and rthen get a leg up into a big managerial position if/when the time comes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.