Racism in Football

Kevin De Bruyne has dismissed concerns from his former Manchester City team-mate Yaya Touré over Pep Guardiola’s attitude towards African players, insisting the manager is not racist.

The Ivory Coast midfielder, who left City in May after eight years at the club, accused Guardiola of “having a problem with African players” in an interview with France Football, also claiming the manager had ruined his final season in Manchester. But De Bruyne said he had not seen any evidence of Touré’s claims during his time at City and believes the 35-year-old’s frustration at his lack of game-time may have played a part in his accusations.

“I never saw something. It would be weird if the trainer was racist – with all the black guys in our team,” De Bruyne told BBC World Football.

“So I don’t know what Yaya said or if it’s wrongly written or exaggerated. When you don’t play there’s always something you try to find.”

De Bruyne added: “We had the best season ever, so in the end the coach took the right decision to play with the team who played a lot. This year the trainer probably thought he [Yaya] wasn’t doing enough, wasn’t fit enough. I’ve never seen something racist at the club, ever.”

Yaya was given a great send off but said this,he was lashing out and being spiteful and used racism as the ultimate dig

“He stole my farewells with City, a club where the fans are magnificent,” Toure added. “I would have liked to leave with emotion from this club as did [Andres] Iniesta [at Barcelona] or [Gianluigi] Buffon [Juventus]. But Pep prevented me.

What yaya said was pure spite and a disgrace when there is real problems to be dealt with

You say some bollocks on here but that beats most of it.
well done
Thanks, but please don’t credit me; I’m merely repeating (and highlighting) the bollocks that was posted earlier by another poster, which you’ve presumably overlooked in your rush to shove your head up their arsehole.

Well done for running to their defence though, like a good lapdog.

Good doggie. Well done.

Before rushing to condemn the spurs fans and attack two decent posters in the same breath I think city fans should remember a couple of things. Ignore the Derby as nothing has been proved but just recently a Manchester City fan was convicted in court for racially abusing Sterling.
The second thing I would mention is that we, the fans, the media, the lot have decided on mass to state their was racist chanting at the Tottenham match and it is wide spread throughout football, people are even calling for a Government inquiry. The last time everyone was in such agreement and so up in arms was when hundreds of drunken ticketless Liverpool fans stormed the gates at Hillsborough, oh wait.

Thanks, but please don’t credit me; I’m merely repeating (and highlighting) the bollocks that was posted earlier by another poster, which you’ve presumably overlooked in your rush to shove your head up their arsehole.

Well done for running to their defence though, like a good lapdog.

Good doggie. Well done.
Still stick by my first part.
Woof??

I have to admit I don't like the thread title. Racism isn't a football issue. People don't suddenly turn into racists when they walk through the gates of a football club and then back into liberals when they walk out again. Football has possibly done more to tackle the racism that was formerly rampant in the game than any other sport. Sadly it's sometimes the clubs themselves that let the side down, with Pep's ill-judged response to the Bernardo tweet saga and Liverpool's response to the Suarez/Evra inciden so they're not necessarily the best to deal with it (although they're better than the government)

When racism in various forms (antisemitism and Islamophobia, along with general xenophobia) has become the common currency of politics, let's not be too quick to take the blame for a few individuals that still blight our stadiums and allow the politicians to get involved and get themselves off the hook..

Would you rather I change it to “racism at football?” or “racists in football grounds”?

This isn't the first time Rudiger has said this, the last time he did it got thrown out due to lack of evidence.

60,000 fans and only one guy hears it? Not even a mic or camera has pinpointed it. You would think there would be at least one witness.

If there was some shit then the club will deal with it accordingly and rightfully so. That won't stop Karen7 , Penguins and BJ boy foaming at the mouth anything to do with Spurs

I started the thread as a more general point in football, mostly on the back of my contempt for what a fellow City fan did to Fred.

It wasn’t a pop at Spurs and since I created the thread I’ve found it suspicious that not a single shred of evidence has come forth, despite Spurs going hell for leather to get evidence.

There’s enough doubt there to suggest Rudiger is mistaken.

Before rushing to condemn the spurs fans and attack two decent posters in the same breath I think city fans should remember a couple of things. Ignore the Derby as nothing has been proved but just recently a Manchester City fan was convicted in court for racially abusing Sterling.
The second thing I would mention is that we, the fans, the media, the lot have decided on mass to state their was racist chanting at the Tottenham match and it is wide spread throughout football, people are even calling for a Government inquiry. The last time everyone was in such agreement and so up in arms was when hundreds of drunken ticketless Liverpool fans stormed the gates at Hillsborough, oh wait.
You are not allowed to mention that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.