Wolves - post match

Yep but Pep is paid multi millions to come up with solutions to these types of problems and he hasn't come close to finding a solution.
I rate Pep highly but it seems there's a Pep cult where he can't be criticised......ever
Maybe there isn't a solution? There will be a best option but every team we play knows that City are vulnerable to pace with Ota and Fern together. We've lost a few games now to bad defending. The rest of our game is OK.

I thought he was poor tbh but second half they all were. Honestly don't see how Silva or Gundogan give anything that Foden doesn't.
Love Bernardo - he's a highly intelligent and articulate young man, unlike your typical thicko footballer with a bad taste haircut who doesn't understand the wider implications of being accused of racism. Since that episode we haven't seen the Rolls Royce precision footballer with a steely core - he's swinging at the ball and slicing it so often. His mind is still a million miles away.

What? SIlva was excellent once he went middle. Him and Rodri were the only two capable of any rational thought and kept the ball well.

aslo you speak of transition, did you see the pass to KDB for te second goal. Rodri made that?

Fella that Rodri pass was as simple a 20 yard pass as you will ever see. It’s all he does stroll around and pass it simple. Dinho does those for fun but also has much more to his game. Buying this guy which may or may not work out and moving dinho to centre half has killed us this year. Add on the buys of cancelo and Mahrez plus Mendy and that’s why we are looking in real trouble. Bad buys for big money cost you.

The state of that defence is shocking and for any guys who get paid the big bucks to think that a injury prone kompany who leaves and stones and otamendi who have been more average than good for a few years now then wtf? Throw in a bargain basement Angelino and cancelo who supposedly can play either right or left full back but isn’t picked to do either and it makes you wonder.

People on here blaming Mendy et al..let me remind you we played 80 plus minutes with 10 men because the GK who makes 1 save every 5 games fecked up again. Yep, Mr “great with his feet” but unfortunately crap at most other GK duties lost us that match end of.
He didn't though, it was never a red card. Watch the replay again he pulled out of the challenge and Jota looked for the contact. Shouldered Ederson in the hip and fell over by the looks of it. Freekick and a yellow at the very most. Why didn' the ref ask VAR to have a look at that?

Reactions: dom
Once again Sir I would suggest Laporte's stature and reputation grows with every game he doesn't play.. I like him but feel he is easily done by pace and strength, lacks aerial ability and leadership but in this defence he would seem like Bobby Moore. Laporte was humbled by Spuds in the European semis. He will be great with another great defender alongside him..
He had a bad game against Spurs in the CL but otherwise he was outstanding.

Maybe there isn't a solution? There will be a best option but every team we play knows that City are vulnerable to pace with Ota and Fern together. We've lost a few games now to bad defending. The rest of our game is OK.
Disagree about Fern being vulnerable to pace. There isn't a central defender on the planet that can live with Vardy's and Traore's pace.

I think this nightmare of a season is of Pep's making. Even tonight, he's gone against one of his first tenets - never play long ball as a game plan, bit it turned we've systematically played long ball to nobody, just for it to return into our third even faster than Bravo hoofed it away, exactly why Pep says we should never do it. And he did literally nothing to change it. All changes to our system and player positions, new players, changes during the games, they all turned wrong when we needed results. It's one thing to drop a bit after two excellent season, but it's something else to turn into glorified Arsenal fighting for top four place. Cannot wait for the end of the season and his resume what went wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.