Wolves - post match

Yep before a ball was kicked we knew our first choice CB pairing would not be playing, as has been the case for most of the season. No Laporte and Fernandinho on the pitch but not where he can affect the game like we know he can(its basically like we've also lost Fernandinho too as a result). Already a harder task than it was last season for City and an easier one for Wolves. In the end we lost a game from a harsh red card(Ederson didn't make the contact, Jota did), had to play with 10 for 80 mins. All of this with Bravo in goal,who makes the backline nervous with 11men on the field.

If we hadn't gone ahead 2-0, nobody would be thinking we should have won that game, or be surprised that we lost it(Wolves should be winning that game with the team they have). Wolves away ,is not a place you'd expect a win from, with 10 men.

Exactly. It’s depressing when we don’t win but reading what some fans write on here is scandalous

if only there was a transfer system for fans & we could get rid of them. They don’t deserve to support City & are totally spoilt.

I’ve read enough & I’m embarrassed to think that opposition fans will be reading this thread & gloating about our fickle supporters

It's not as easy as that to just sign a top centre back. It isn't football manager

It depends whether you're willing to pay what they, their agent and club want. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. Cheap things are cheap because they compare unfavourably with those of higher quality. We should be paying whatever it takes to get this team back where we were for the previous two seasons.

I think this nightmare of a season is of Pep's making. Even tonight, he's gone against one of his first tenets - never play long ball as a game plan, bit it turned we've systematically played long ball to nobody, just for it to return into our third even faster than Bravo hoofed it away, exactly why Pep says we should never do it. And he did literally nothing to change it. All changes to our system and player positions, new players, changes during the games, they all turned wrong when we needed results. It's one thing to drop a bit after two excellent season, but it's something else to turn into glorified Arsenal fighting for top four place. Cannot wait for the end of the season and his resume what went wrong.
Not Pep's fault (i don't think) that our defensive purchases have been so poor.

I’m talking about this season, obviously. Teams know how to beat us, and they’re actually daring to do it. That, coupled with the fact that we have no plan b means we’re going to carry on this way.

don’t get me wrong, I love Pep, but something needs to change, and I’d love that thing to be a big tactical rethink and for Pep’s game to evolve.

Don’t keep shouting about what we won in the past, you sound like the dippers or utd. It’s about now, and currently we are very far behind of what’s in front of us.

In the past? Sound like a dipper?

We’ve won 4 trophies in 2019. That’s this year.

There are 3 more trophies to compete for next year as well.

You know what you sound like? A clueless spoilt and unintelligent little brat.

It depends whether you're willing to pay what they, their agent and club want. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. Cheap things are cheap because they compare unfavourably with those of higher quality. We should be paying whatever it takes to get this team back where we were for the previous two seasons.
I have seen central defenders in the lower leagues that are better than Otamendi.

People on here blaming Mendy et al..let me remind you we played 80 plus minutes with 10 men because the GK who makes 1 save every 5 games fecked up again. Yep, Mr “great with his feet” but unfortunately crap at most other GK duties lost us that match end of.
Like I said earlier, we signed a rampaging powerhouse of a LB, with pace and skill. The injury has robbed him of some of his main attributes. But left backs at any level don't make that mistake when in so much space.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.