Everton (H) Post-Match Thread

Just had another look at the Foden pen.

It's a penalty. Defender makes no contact with the ball and made a challenge. Phil does kick him, but that's only because the defenders leg is there. If you make that challenge you have to win the ball and he didn't do that.

It's a weird one, but that is a penalty for me.

Not in my opinion it didn't. Their donkey up front should have had a red card.

thats the only one of the decisions I would question...think there was intent with what he did (but intent is always the difficult/virtually impossible bit to prove)

It's a penalty. Defender makes no contact with the ball and made a challenge. Phil does kick him, but that's only because the defenders leg is there. If you make that challenge you have to win the ball and he didn't do that.

I can’t remember who they were playing but I recall the dippers getting a penalty for exactly that, Mane went to kick the ball, defender puts his foot in front Mane kicks said foot and goes down, penalty awarded, how unusual they get it and we don’t!

Just mentioned this on another thread, although I think the defender gets the slightest of touches on the ball, to me, it looks like he still impedes Foden from getting his shot away with the follow on, wouldn't like it given against us, but I still think it merits a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.