Manchester United (A) | EFL Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although posted in fa cup thread,I briefly mentioned about putting them to the sword would love it,but let’s remember it’s two legs we don’t have to have it done and dusted at the shithole..
as long as we don't lose, obviously, but i hate when we play desperate coming from behind.

No Rodri for me, our best and only chance of winning silverware is going back to Fernandinho sitting in front of the back 4; I know most on here have written Stones off but at the start of last season Pep pretty much settled on a back 4 of Walker, Stones, Laporte and Mendy with Fernandinho in front and we kept 5 clean sheets in our first 8 league games, a club record, including a 0-0 at Anfield; we have never been right and unbalanced defensively since Pep started to tinker with it as he does, and obviously Laporte being injured this season has made a bad situation far worse; I still have faith in a Stones-Laporte partnership with Fernandinho in front, anything else and I believe we’ll end up empty handed this year
Pep keeps repeating that dinho is not going back in midfield,there is no reason we can't win the cups with rodders in there

I'm thinking this is a possibility, but no bets as Pep always finds a spot for Gundy.

-------------------------Bravo
Walker -------Garcia -------Fernandinho---- Mendy
-----------KDB--------Rodri--------------B.Silva
--------Mahrez------ Jesus- ----------Sterling

Pep keeps repeating that dinho is not going back in midfield,there is no reason we can't win the cups with rodders in there
I as well like fernandihno in front of a back four, but sadly he's lost a step with age, and with Laporte out, Stone's and Otamendi's inexplicable drop in form, Pep is right to keep him there. Plus it's too important a game to start two youngsters side by side. Fernie's experience is very valuable.
Rodri is very capable, if starting him in mid is the reason why we can't win then there are much bigger problems.

Ederson, Walker, Mendy, Garcia, Fernandinho, Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus.

Subs: Bravo, Cancelo, Stones, Zinchenko, Foden, B.Silva, Aguero.

1-1

I hope Pep realises that we need to have pace at the back and to control the midfield, therefore i hope he goes with a formation like below.

Would love to see Foden though.

----------------------Ederson-------------------
-------Garcia--------Stones-----Ferny--------
Walker------KDB----Rodri---Berny---Mendy
------------Sterling----------Jesus-------------

S****horpe-United-v-Sunderland-Checkatrade-Trophy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.