Manchester United (A) | EFL Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd will go with their strongest available side in both games and we should too the shit we had to put up with over the years, well now its payback time we should grind them into the ground every opportunity we get.
We don't really have a strongest team though. People always say this as if there is an 11 that stand above the rest. We don't. We have 3 players that stand out above others Ederson, Laporte, Debryune. Everyone else is about choice and need.

At striker if you want a fox in the box you go Aguero. Ifi you want team play, Gabby. A
a
At attacking mid if you want Speed -Sterling, if you want aggression + skill - Foden, Individual brilliance -Mahrez, Cohesion - Bernado, Experience- Dave. Each brings something different skill.

Crosses- Mendy and Cancelo. Cohesion and defenive help- Zinchencko and Walker.

Height at CB - Rodri, Speed - Walker, Tackling - Dihno, Positioing- Garcia, aggression- Otamendi.

What we have are different guys with specialized skills. Some ascending others descending.

We don't have a 'Strongest 11'

I hope Pep realises that we need to have pace at the back and to control the midfield, therefore i hope he goes with a formation like below.

Would love to see Foden though.

----------------------Ederson-------------------
-------Garcia--------Stones-----Ferny--------
Walker------KDB----Rodri---Berny---Mendy
------------Sterling----------Jesus-------------
Where is the pace at the back?

Now here is the team I expect

.......................Bravo.............
...........Rodri.. Dihno...Garcia..
Walker..Kevin ..Gundogan.... Mendy.......
.......... Mahrez............ Sterling.......
........................Jesus

Team I'd want to see
.......................... Ederson.................
...........Walker.......Dihno.....Garcia..........
Cancelo. Kev....Rodri....Bernado......Mendy.
............... Sterling........ Jesus

Pep Guardiola on @ManUtd: "It is a team that is built to run. When they can run, they are one of the best teams"

"I have the feeling they are going to run, one or two or three or as many times as possible..."

"I'm not going to prepare to not let them run. I would like to play in Old Trafford most of the park except the first minutes we concede three or four times they could run..."
"

Talk about damning wih faint praise.

Bravo will start and rightly so. And it was him who played a huge part in winning us the LC last year.
And whoever else starts doesn’t really matter. It’ll be more tactical as it’s the first of two games.
And let’s not depend on a hometie that is left. We recently lost to that lot 1-2 and the scoreline could’ve been worse.

Can't be any worse than the last Derby where we played with 8 men. Hopefully Pep has woke up to the only thing they can do and will counter it.

Now here is the team I expect

.......................Bravo.............
...........Rodri.. Dihno...Garcia..
Walker..Kevin ..Gundogan.... Mendy.......
.......... Mahrez............ Sterling.......
........................Jesus

Team I'd want to see
.......................... Ederson.................
...........Walker.......Dihno.....Garcia..........
Cancelo. Kev....Rodri....Bernado......Mendy.
............... Sterling........ Jesus

The game at The Etihad in December Kyle Walker got us out of trouble on numerous occasions with his pace when we got hit on the counter attack, I think its vital he starts Tuesday night.

__________________Ederson________________

Walker____Fernandinho_____Rodrigo________Mendy

_______________Gundogan___________________

________KDB________________Bernardo_________

Mahrez__________Jesus_______________Sterling

That's our strongest possible 11, in my opinion (taking our injuries into consideration) Never mind the league cup, I'd play that team in CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.