CL R16 - Real Madrid - (A) 26/02 - (H) 17/03

Your midfield isn’t fit to lace the boots of City’s midfield you absolute joker.

Well that’s wrong, you obviously have a very good midfield but your midfield couldn’t cope with Liverpool’s high pressing whereas the Real Madrid midfield made the Liverpool midfield look like school boys. Toni Kroos on his own guarantees more possession than the opposition. I don’t want to get into an argument, but all I’m saying is that the best way for you to win is for Pep to be humble set up Man City to be defensive and counter attack with speed with Sane, Sterling and Mahrez, trying to dominate the ball against Zidane’s diamond wont work out for any side .

Is this the same Madrid team that in the last few games drew 0-0 at home to Bilbao, failed to score at Barca, managed a 1-1 draw with Valencia, won 3-1 against a shit Bruges side in the CL, a win against bottom side Espanyol and a decent 3-0 win against Getafe?

I’m so scared of facing you lot, we are going to fucking smash you.

Your defence isn’t convincing whereas we have the best defence in Europe this season statistically. No need for the hostility, Didn’t you lose to a very poor Man Utd side at home, lose to Norwich and wolves twice? Just a reminder the last time Pep faced Real Madrid, he lost 4-0 with Bayern and Zidane was one of those who came up with the plan to beat that Bayern team whilst as assistant to ancelotti , who were better than your current Man City team. Neither team will smash each other, it will be a close tie I suspect though, if Hazard is fit and firing then he could be the deceiving factor

Well that’s wrong, you obviously have a very good midfield but your midfield couldn’t cope with Liverpool’s high pressing whereas the Real Madrid midfield made the Liverpool midfield look like school boys. Toni Kroos on his own guarantees more possession than the opposition. I don’t want to get into an argument, but all I’m saying is that the best way for you to win is for Pep to be humble set up Man City to be defensive and counter attack with speed with Sane, Sterling and Mahrez, trying to dominate the ball against Zidane’s diamond wont work out for any side .
I’m not sure you know what being humble is.

Most of us have little doubt the ref will have us in his back pocket for you.

Beating you normally isn't the issue, its overcoming the help you so often get when you need it.

How many times has Man City beaten Real Madrid before
Yes we will have VAR on our side, how do you plan on beating that ha ha

Your defence isn’t convincing whereas we have the best defence in Europe this season statistically. No need for the hostility, Didn’t you lose to a very poor Man Utd side at home, lose to Norwich and wolves twice? Just a reminder the last time Pep faced Real Madrid, he lost 4-0 with Bayern and Zidane was one of those who came up with the plan to beat that Bayern team whilst as assistant to ancelotti , who were better than your current Man City team. Neither team will smash each other, it will be a close tie I suspect though, if Hazard is fit and firing then he could be the deceiving factor
Very fair point, however City have been without Laporte and Stones for most of the season. Laporte is our best defender. Stones is good too but has not been able to play regularly because of repeated muscular injuries. If Laporte can get a few games under his belt before our tie then this should improve City's defensive strength.

Out of your League and Champions League games you’ve won 14, drawn nine and lost two. We haven’t been at our best this season but we are coming on strong now, we’re going to fucking smash you.

I’m not sure you know what being humble is.

I’m being realistic, trying to control the midfield will be playing into Zidane’s hands and it won’t work. We have trouble against teams who sit back defensively and counter attack at speed. Your best way of winning this tie will be deploying a false 9 with lots of movement up front with Sane, Sterling and Mahrez. If you play a static number 9, Casemiro and Fede will intercept the through balls to your striker whether that be Aguero or G. jesus but I’m looking forward to this game.
We are undefeated when Fede Valverde has played this season

The Spanish police don't like travelling fans full stop. That includes Spanish ones, which is why there isn't a large away following in Spain. I've been to a meeting with the heads of both the Football Supporters Association in the UK and Europe, who suggested that was even a deliberate policy.
The reason I won’t go to Madrid again, they are disgusting bastards and cowards.

Out of your League and Champions League games you’ve won 14, drawn nine and lost two. We haven’t been at our best this season but we are coming on strong now, we’re going to fucking smash you.

You lost a very, very weak Man Utd team and were behind Leicester in the table for many weeks and lost to wolves twice. If you think you will smash a team with the defence in European football then you will be in for a shock. You may go through the tie, but it will be very, very close. Saying either team will smash each other is ridiculous. Fine margains will separate this game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.