CL R16 - Real Madrid - (A) 26/02 - (H) 17/03

How many times has Man City beaten Real Madrid before
Yes we will have VAR on our side, how do you plan on beating that ha ha
How will you deal with City's power and pace? Manchester City are not a timid frightened pussy cat like Atletico Madrid who wont venture out of their half, we are a team that will expose the age of players like Modric, Kroos and Ramos. I notice that Real Madrid have added some young players to your squad but you are in transition whereas Manchester City are at the height of our power. This season we trail Liverpool by a long way but this is down to the impact of VAR and injury to our defenders. Our defensive players will be back for our tie.

How will you deal with City's power and pace? Manchester City are not a timid frightened pussy cat like Atletico Madrid who wont venture out of their half, we are a team that will expose the age of players like Modric, Kroos and Ramos. I notice that Real Madrid have added some young players to your squad but you are in transition whereas Manchester City are at the height of our power. This season we trail Liverpool by a long way but this is down to the impact of VAR and injury to our defenders. Our defensive players will be back for our tie.

you are correct we are in transition but we statistically have the best defence in European football this season, better than even liverpool. Zidane has made the team more solid, although we don’t score as many goals as we used to which is why Hazard is key. Your defence players will be back for this tie that’s correct, I’m interested to see if Laporte can cope with Benzema, when at Athletic Club, Laporte used to struggle with Benzema’s strength and physicality so that will be a good battle between two french players.
Modric isn’t really a starter anymore, he won’t be a starter in this game anyway and we have lots of pace in the team with Varane, Valverde, Rodrygo, and Ferland Mendy but you’re right the best way for you to win is to sit back and be defensive and to counter attack at speed.

I’m being realistic, trying to control the midfield will be playing into Zidane’s hands and it won’t work. We have trouble against teams who sit back defensively and counter attack at speed. Your best way of winning this tie will be deploying a false 9 with lots of movement up front with Sane, Sterling and Mahrez. If you play a static number 9, Casemiro and Fede will intercept the through balls to your striker whether that be Aguero or G. jesus but I’m looking forward to this game.
We are undefeated when Fede Valverde has played this season
You clearly don’t know much about how city play if you think we play with a static 9 and rely on through balls to them.

You clearly don’t know much about how city play if you think we play with a static 9 and on through balls to them.

Ok, Aguero doesn’t do too well against Ramos, Ramos is Aguero’s kryptonite, if you play a natural striker, Varane and Ramos will relish that challenge whereas if you play with a false 9, they may switch off and their concentration may not be as high because they will have no-one to mark so could risk mistakes

You lost a very, very weak Man Utd team and were behind Leicester in the table for many weeks and lost to wolves twice. If you think you will smash a team with the defence in European football then you will be in for a shock. You may go through the tie, but it will be very, very close. Saying either team will smash each other is ridiculous. Fine margains will separate this game
We battered Leicester, we will comfortably finish in front of them. We are improving and with Sane and Laporte back, we are going to fucking smash you.

We battered Leicester, we will comfortably finish in front of them. We are improving and with Sane and Laporte back, we are going to fucking smash you.

But you still lost to a very poor Man Utd side , you aren’t going to smash us, neither team will smash each other, it will be two close games. No team ever smashes Zidane’s teams, who has never been knocked out of a champions league two legged game. I’m not worried about Laporte, but Sane is a dangerous player

But you still lost to a very poor Man Utd side , you aren’t going to smash us, neither team will smash each other, it will be two close games. No team ever smashes Zidane’s teams, who has never been knocked out of a champions league two legged game

You could put Alan Ball in charge of Madrid and they would never get knocked out.

There is a reason why!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.