CL R16 - Real Madrid - (A) 26/02 - (H) 17/03

How strict do people think the names on tickets be enforced??

Same warnings as Atalanta in Milan. I don't remember them checking names on tickets and they certainly didn't check photo ID.

However, although it's almost certainly bollocks, it would be crazy to take a chance.

Same warnings as Atalanta in Milan. I don't remember them checking names on tickets and they certainly didn't check photo ID.

However, although it's almost certainly bollocks, it would be crazy to take a chance.

Why not? Worse they can do is deny you entry right? (although it is the Spanish police!)

I also wouldn't risk it though

After the semi-final in 2016, I e-mailed Lisa Eaton about what went on and my own experiences. To be fair, she replied quite promptly and said that the club were gathering information, and statements, etc, and were encouraging fans to come forward. What came of it I don't know. My guess is that City were taking it at least semi-seriously but that they were powerless to do anything about it because as has been proven many times down the years, the Madrid police really are a law unto themselves. The fact that they treat their own citizens equally badly tells you all you need to know. What's even more laughable is that this is a Western European country, a fully paid-up member of the European Union, and they can still get away with it without seemingly any comeback whatsoever. Now, some might say that it's not really the EU's business to get involved in internal politics but my argument is that when these incidents often involve the citizens of other EU countries (and of course their own country) then they surely ought to have some say, plus I thought one of the provisos of becoming a member of the EU is that the country should have a decent human rights record, which if I'm not mistaken is one of the things preventing Turkey becoming a member, yet the fascist Madrid police are allowed to go around beating anyone and everyone up in full view of the eyes of the world and aren't accountable to any fucker.

When I e-mailed Lisa Eaton, I also e-mailed the British Embassy in Madrid and said that I know my complaint was fruitless because there's nothing they could do either. They e-mailed back refuting this and said that they take these incidents very seriously, then followed that up by effectively fobbing me off and telling me to make an official complaint to the relevant Spanish police department! I never bothered in the end, mainly because I was due to go back over there just a few weeks later with the other half for several days in Seville and Madrid, and knowing my luck they'd have probably fucking banned me from entering the country.

As for City having cameras filming the police, I found out after the match in 2016 that the Spanish government had recently brought a law in making it illegal for anyone to film incidents of police brutality. I don't know for sure how true this is, but if it is then it's utterly laughable.

worth more city fans having their mobiles or go pros out. A good video of a police beating will go viral quickly these days and cause a bit of stir. Especially if they hit females and the elderly.

Not long at all until this game. Genuinely worried about this fixture now as we aren’t playing well at all at the moment with no consistency. Hopefully now that Laporte is back this will change, but due to our performances so far this season Real Madrid will be fancying this. If we manage to pull it out the bag I think it’ll be due to Laporte, KDB and Kun!

on paper we are better than they are, they look toothless upfront but are very solid defensively.

and by the way, month is long time in football.

on paper we are better than they are, they look toothless upfront but are very solid defensively.

and by the way, month is long time in football.

I’m not sure the winter break is good or bad with this coming up. Time will tell. Great to have Laporte back though. Gives us a better chance.

Not long at all until this game. Genuinely worried about this fixture now as we aren’t playing well at all at the moment with no consistency. Hopefully now that Laporte is back this will change, but due to our performances so far this season Real Madrid will be fancying this. If we manage to pull it out the bag I think it’ll be due to Laporte, KDB and Kun!

More worried about the refs tbh.

Fair crack of the whip we can certainly do them..

Same here,but its games like this that focus a players mind they will be out to put in a performance at Madrid and although I’m worried I actually think we will get a good result in Madrid ( bar VAR having a say ) it’s the home tie I’m more worried about more ..

But you still lost to a very poor Man Utd side , you aren’t going to smash us, neither team will smash each other, it will be two close games. No team ever smashes Zidane’s teams, who has never been knocked out of a champions league two legged game. I’m not worried about Laporte, but Sane is a dangerous player
We lost to a very poor rag side, then we went into their backyard and smashed em to bits, get with the times mr humble...!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.