John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked like forming the best partnership in the world with Laporte twelve months ago but injuries and form and the form of VK have kept them apart.

I won’t give up on him until he gets a run alongside Laporte again but it’s very clear we need at least one cb in the summer and maybe two or three depending on departures.

He lunged in like a twat, giving Zaha every opportunity to go down. It was a piss poor bit of defending

Nah, Zaha stepped into Stones leg space hoping to tangle legs with him.The camera behind the goal line showed the best angle of it. The one that should've been given today was for a foul on Pepe which would have put Arsenal 2-0 up.

Pointless having a go as we can't move Stones on until the summer (at the earliest) and sign a replacement. Although he isn't top quality he has proven he is a capable defender (when fully motivated)

Watching Stones on TV and watching him.live are two completely different views of watching him, literally. Only when you see him live do you realise how wasteful with the ball at his feet he is! Second half today I watched him closely from no than 30 yards of his defensive positive. Couldn't believe the space he had ahead of him but he always went for the easy option every time of passing short, usually to Fernandinho. One of his supposed best attributes is his ball playing ability. We're not seeing that at the moment or much of his other footballing attributes. Can't see Pep having faith much longer in him TBH.

Watching him live is not for the faint hearted. He just isn’t good enough for us any more. It’s that simple. I don’t get how anyone can defend his performances. He was atrocious today like the above poster alluded to. 4 things to do all game.

Bit harsh,he has earned his medals

Debatable. He has been fortunate to be part of a very special team. Take Stones out and I believe this team would have still been special. Stones has needed City more than City have needed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.