Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It
Liverpool winning the league is not the worst thing that can happen. Liverpool winning the league and breaking all the records including becoming the new invincibles is the worst thing that can happen. They would be talked about for years and years and years and years. They would be labelled as the best team in the history of the universe. Stuff like City's 100pts centurions would be long forgotten.

Actually it's mind-blowing that there can be a team that might surpass City's achievements that there achieved only 2 seasons ago!!!!!!!!!! I seriously thought that it will take someone another 100 years to surpass the 100pts in the year 2145 or something like that but not freaking 2020!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking about this just this morning. It's the 4 minute mile all over again. It also reminded me of the first time 400 runs were scored in a One Day International. It was by Australia. At the end of the innings, the commentators were going on about how it'll take years for anyone else to do it. The record only lasted 4 hours.

We showed the rest of the EPL what was possible. We set the standard. It kinda sucks that Klopp is now raising it. Fair play to them, I guess.

It

I was thinking about this just this morning. It's the 4 minute mile all over again. It also reminded me of the first time 400 runs were scored in a One Day International. It was by Australia. At the end of the innings, the commentators were going on about how it'll take years for anyone else to do it. The record only lasted 4 hours.

We showed the rest of the EPL what was possible. We set the standard. It kinda sucks that Klopp is now raising it. Fair play to them, I guess.

Roger Bannister is the only one remembered though.

Isn't the " money spent " just one of the cheap snipes made towards City by all the supporters of clubs who are nowhere near our achievements
Utter balderdash.

By the end of this season, he’ll have exceeded our achievements on a much lower budget.

Bookmark this post instead of blustering.

Success on a shoestring - the dipper way !

Hmm, a rather selective argument. He must have been a dullard to take that ...although being an ex-rag dipper fan does give a clue.

I wasn't really comparing them to us I was explaining that they've spent a bucket of money, they have a high wage bill and are not exactly doing a Burnley by being an underdog and winning stuff on a tight budget.

With a league title, a CL, another CL final and numerous domestic, I doubt if they’ll lose much sleep over the odd League Cup and Community Shield.

Well, they wouldn't, would they! They're that kind of club. Whatever they do, even if they do nowt, is infinitely of better quality than any other club's achievement. That's why they are taking over the mantle of MANUre as the most loathsome football club outside their own support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.