"Disappointing" attendances

The fact is crowds have never been higher in our history but as yet although we have a large hardcore support, to fill out the ground, we still require an irregular support (like all clubs) but as yet that is not the size of Pools, Uniteds, Chelseas etc to snap up available tickets for the less meaningful games.

Do I personally care? Not in the slightest. I never followed City to have the reflected glow of being the biggest, the best, richest, most widely supported or any other metric the lemmings in society use as the reason for their ‘support’.

Quite happy being attached to a loyal fanbase who were there when required, who have suffered the full spectrum of emotions following their side and have proven their worth over the past decades.

If the BBC, social media, even Pep or whoever else cannot see the value of that, and think filling a ground with a load of day trippers is crucially important, that is their issue not mine.

The fact is crowds have never been higher in our history but as yet although we have a large hardcore support, to fill out the ground, we still require an irregular support (like all clubs) but as yet that is not the size of Pools, Uniteds, Chelseas etc to snap up available tickets for the less meaningful games.

Do I personally care? Not in the slightest. I never followed City to have the reflected glow of being the biggest, the best, richest, most widely supported or any other metric the lemmings in society use as the reason for their ‘support’.

Quite happy being attached to a loyal fanbase who were there when required, who have suffered the full spectrum of emotions following their side and have proven their worth over the past decades.

If the BBC, social media, even Pep or whoever else cannot see the value of that, and think filling a ground with a load of day trippers is crucially important, that is their issue not mine.
Excellent post Frank & my thoughts also

The media/BBC have worked this well , they would take great pleasure if Pep quit in May and if they can get our own supporters on Pep's back with comments about attendances then the media are winning , whoever handles our clubs media affairs should be sacked , if they cannot pre-empt a question like this and instruct Pep to handle the reply with more diplomacy.We are probably the best run football club in europe , but this situation is amateurish , there should be some employees at the club getting the bullet in the morning.

Barcelona are averaging 76,000 this season.

I think Pep doesn’t understand why we have so many empty seats for certain games, why the fans leave early, and why we don’t support the team.

It was and probably still is a shock to his system after coming from Bayern, where they get 75,000 every home match, the stadium stays full until the final whistle, and their fans sing and support the teams constantly for 90 minutes.

I think the last derby at home was a prime example of what has happened to our support, and what probably annoys Pep on the QT. 1-2 down with over 10 minutes to go, City fans start heading for the exits, and the stadium was silent.

And for league games our ground is mostly full every game.

The Nou Camp holds 99,354 so that’s over 24k empty seats every week!

For some cup games they’ve had attendances similar to ours today, which is totally dead in a 99k stadium.

Pep wouldn’t dare say anything about his fellow Catalans.

I can think of plenty of Maine Road Derbies that were well short of a sell out. October ‘86: crowd circa 32,000, capacity (iirc) 52,000. Even allowing for “Swales’ shrinkage”, that’s hugely below capacity and not a selfie taker to be seen. I remember loads of big gaps on the Kippax that afternoon.
Big Mick's header that day ? No way would we have had 20k tickets unsold for a derby. Think the capacity was 48 by then maybe 44 but even so there must've been a reason for such a small crowd - one of the stands closed ?

It's been one hell of a journey following City over the years, we've gone from rarely being shown live to virtually every game now can be seen live on tv. It's understandable if fans decide to give a game a miss to save the money and watch on tv but what I find puzzling and I'm sure Pep does also is when fans do fork out hard earned money to go to the Etihad they start leaving in droves from the 80th minute.

Funny lot us City fans.

The media/BBC have worked this well , they would take great pleasure if Pep quit in May and if they can get our own supporters on Pep's back with comments about attendances then the media are winning , whoever handles our clubs media affairs should be sacked , if they cannot pre-empt a question like this and instruct Pep to handle the reply with more diplomacy.We are probably the best run football club in europe , but this situation is amateurish , there should be some employees at the club getting the bullet in the morning.

Vicky Kloss is in charge of our media.

I don’t know what she actually does on a regular basis or how much she’s dictated to by the board, but fuck me the plan isn’t working.

Just look at the difference between us and other teams though. When we played united in the league cup the other week Tyler was making excuses for the empty seats saying that Christmas had just been and people where struggling to attend games. Then compare that to us where our manager is actually asked time and again after games about empty seats and they ask him now constantly because they know he never fights our corner quite the opposite in fact, expect more of it blues they know the reaction pep will have to the question and those horrible fuckers will lap it up

Big Mick's header that day ? No way would we have had 20k tickets unsold for a derby. Think the capacity was 48 by then maybe 44 but even so there must've been a reason for such a small crowd - one of the stands closed ?
Was at the game , it was a low crowd , I think it was live on tv

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.