Man Utd (H) - LC SF 2nd Leg - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I just don't buy into this "we should have finished it in the first leg". 3-1...yes 3-1 AWAY from home at Old Trafford. Now I know times have changed and United are a shadow of the former side Fergie had, but to go into a 2nd leg at HOME 3-1 up, most would have taken it, me included.

It's about time we realise just how far we have come and the fans need to ramp up the noise tomorrow night to ensure we score first and finish them off. It's all to play for but firmly in our hands. I'd rather be in this situation than the 1-1 of tonight.

Come on City!!

There’s nothing to buy into. Everybody that saw the game knows we annihilated them first half and then simply saw the game out second half, their own manager even admitted that. 99% of us would have taken a 3-1 win in the first leg but it doesn’t change the fact that kind of performance should have warranted a much bigger lead. That was a 4/5-0 game and they’ve got the better end of the deal with it “only” being 3-1

There’s nothing to buy into. Everybody that saw the game knows we annihilated them first half and then simply saw the game out second half, their own manager even admitted that. 99% of us would have taken a 3-1 win in the first leg but it doesn’t change the fact that kind of performance should have warranted a much bigger lead. That was a 4/5-0 game and they’ve got the better end of the deal with it “only” being 3-1

It wasn't because like you say, we "saw the game out second half". We would have had to continue at high intensity for the full match to win by 4 or 5 .

Pep obviously didn't plan to do this, by the way the second half went and he admitted this in the press conference.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy into this "we should have finished it in the first leg". 3-1...yes 3-1 AWAY from home at Old Trafford. Now I know times have changed and United are a shadow of the former side Fergie had, but to go into a 2nd leg at HOME 3-1 up, most would have taken it, me included.

It's about time we realise just how far we have come and the fans need to ramp up the noise tomorrow night to ensure we score first and finish them off. It's all to play for but firmly in our hands. I'd rather be in this situation than the 1-1 of tonight.

Come on City!!

It's hilarious how contradictory your two paragraphs are.

"I don't buy that we should have finished it in the first leg, it's AWAY from home at Old Trafford!!!"

"We need to realise how far we have come"

You should take your own advice, we should have finished it because a shit side gave us the chance to score 10 and we only managed 3. No matter who the opposition or what the venue is, this side should put teams away when given so many chances.

Is OGS trying to get himself sacked?

It's reported that he said in his press conference that Sanchez will come back in the Summer and prove you all wrong. Why would you even say that? We know Sanchez is returning because no one would be so stupid as to sign him apart from Man Utd but you don't try and make a big deal about it. You keep it quiet.
Yep. Far better to just lock him in a soundproof cellar and drop in food and water every few days.

It wasn't because like you say, we "saw the game out second half". We would have had to continue at high intensity for the full match to win by 4 or 5 .

Pep obviously didn't plan to do this, by the way the second half went he admitted this in the press conference.

The first half display alone was enough to have been 4/5 up, the halftime score flattered them more than us as we missed some absolute sitters as is the norm, whilst they didn’t have a chance worth remembering. Wasn’t suggesting we should have gone all out for 90 minutes more that we should have been more clinical in the first half and have this tie over after 45 minutes

At the point the 3rd goal went in I think most people were thinking they might be witnessing an absolute hammering in the making. To finish with only a 2 goal lead considering how the first half went is what it is. We should be in a better position in terms of score line. Actual performance wise we were a mile ahead but it all starts again tonight.

At the point the 3rd goal went in I think most people were thinking they might be witnessing an absolute hammering in the making. To finish with only a 2 goal lead considering how the first half went is what it is. We should be in a better position in terms of score line. Actual performance wise we were a mile ahead but it all starts again tonight.
Tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.