Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading Pep confidential, a book about his first season at Bayern, it is like reading his time at city, chapters I read this morning was how they dominated the opposition but not converting chances and getting caught on the break time after time.
Hope I find out he manages to solve it in the rest of the book.
What stood out was he thinks the performance is as important as the result, almost accept the loss as long as the team played well, tonight is almost an example of that.
In Pep we trust, another final so job done

My memory doesn't stretch that far back through one season, but a lot of players were pissed off that they werent getting game time. Yes, he changed players every now and again, but the nucleus of the team was the same every Week.

I appreciate Liverpool haven't had our injuries, but Klopp plays the same back 4 every Week. And the same attack. He only shuffles his limited midfield.

If a team is chopped, changed and rotated every match, they don't get used to playing with each other. Pep played 3 at the back tonight. Why?.

We were much the better side, they had half a chance and took it.

The formation was a master class, we just couldn’t kill the game despite a reasonable amount of big chances.

Been reading Pep confidential, a book about his first season at Bayern, it is like reading his time at city, chapters I read this morning was how they dominated the opposition but not converting chances and getting caught on the break time after time.
Hope I find out he manages to solve it in the rest of the book.
What stood out was he thinks the performance is as important as the result, almost accept the loss as long as the team played well, tonight is almost an example of that.
In Pep we trust, another final so job done

the result is usually dictated by the performance, not all the time “funny old game” but most of the time. So if you concentrate on the performance you get final after final. We’ve just done a very professional job on the Rags.

Frustrating. Defended him all week on here.

City fans turned up and made noise as he asked, but then he tinkers with the side again and then says he's so, so happy with that performance.

the result is usually dictated by the performance, not all the time “funny old game” but most of the time. So if you concentrate on the performance you get final after final. We’ve just done a very professional job on the Rags.

First leg was, tonight wasn’t. I don’t think losing 1-0 was our game plan.

We are about to win 6 trophies from 6 on offer in England, a feat which will never be repeated.

The result: City fans criticizse the manager. Wow.

Its more important for some to see him gone it would seem?

Fuck em.

Pep looks miles away from doing it in Europe.

3 seasons in the Champions League,during that time having the best City side to grace the Premier League in the last 10 years.

I would argue all 3 Champions League campaigns he was the main reason we did not progress further.

Season 1 we went to Monaco with a healthy home leg advantage and capitulated.Pep refused to change his style,yet we neither defended,or attacked that night.The players looked confused for most that match.

Season 2 Liverpool away,again we played to Liverpool strengths,wtf was he thinking in that match,God only knows.Return leg was a valiant effort by us,we had too much to do.

Last season i think Pep fucked up not playing KDB,was arrogant.I felt we should have have been Champions of Europe last season.That was our season.

Pep is a good manager when he can buy the best players and steam roll a domestic League by out scoring the opposition.

I will be forever grateful for all the success he has delivered.

I dont see him delivering the Champions League though.He simply does not have the tactical aptitude to negotiate tight games with near equals.He refuses to be pragmatic,when it calls for pragmatism.

A good manager Yes,a City legend yes.

A man to deliver the Champions League i dont think so.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Would winning it be great, yeah sure. Am I really that arsed, no give me domestic titles any day.

I’m the first to call him for his issues, he should be held accountable for tonight for constant changing and reluctance to make subs.

To say he is merely a manager who does well domestically when spending is a stupid comment, he’s not the first person to have money to spend in a management job. He’s not the first person for city to have fast amounts to spend. Has everyone else who has had a cash injection done so well?

Can’t argue with his trophy haul of we beat villa.

Looks like he has had enough though to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.