United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

We had 61% possession. Double the amount of attempts and double the amount on target.

We had 8 corners. They had non. Their goalkeeper made 4 saves, 2 of which were outstanding. 60% of the game was played in their half.

We also missed 2 open goals and 2 other clear chances where De Gea didn’t even have to get involved.

Anyone who wants to dispute the above evidence then feel free, but please do me a favour and post it from within the confides of a mental asylum because that is where you belong.

It was tactically sound. The only thing we were guilty of was failing to take chances and a 3 to 4-1 score line wouldn’t have flattered us.

Pep is pissed with the result on the night, but most certainly not the performance.

That’s me out for this evening before my head explodes, but really fucking looking forward to Wembley for those bell ends who have clearly forgot.

Night all.

Bingo!

It's a strange season for injuries.

I and a lot of City fans think our season has been damaged in the league by injuries to Laporte and Stones whilst Liverpool' stars have stayed fit and yet if you look at the rest of the squad I think City have done very well with injuries this season, especially compared to Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd.
Although I haven’t looked, statistically you are probably correct. The thing with Liverpool though is that as long as their spine is intact (Alisson, VD, Robertson, TAA, and the front three) it doesn’t seem to matter who else they lose. Apart from losing Alisson for a few games it has been pretty much there are season. In comparison we have consistent problems at CB and LB. maybe our problems are more to do with loss of form from certain individuals rather than injuries?

It’s weird that Guardiola has a virtually immaculate record against United at Old Trafford, but fairly poor against them at our place. Not sure if he overthinks things or gives them too much respect at The Etihad, but it’s a bit of an odd anomaly.
Yep. Losing to Wigan in the FA cup, Aguero not scoring at Anfield, ditto Sterling against United are others anomaly’s [Great word by the way].

I'm frankly appalled by some of our supporters. I wasn't at York but I was at Wycombe etc. Thankfully, the people sat around my seat at the Etihad are generally not prone to unfounded moans but I've heard some right pillocks at away games.
I would imagine that most of the worst offenders in here (a) don’t attend matches (b) certainly didn’t attend matches when we were, frankly, shit. It is draining, and they are spoiled cunnts

Unbelievably negative and nasty towards the club, manager, and players in here yet again. If the average comment in here equates to the average match going City fan (which I doubt is true, but maybe it is) then there can’t be a more deluded and spoiled fan base in football.

Yes the season hasn’t gone as well as any of us would have expected, but we just reached a final, and are in the latter stages of the other 2 cups, second in the league, top scorers in the league, and up against a liverpool who have had a perfect storm of good performances, luck, VAR, effectiveness rather than brilliance. In any other season we would be challenging for the title, we are as unlucky to be up against them this season as they were against us last. It happens and it does NOT make us shit. The criticism, and the tone of it, in here is appalling, and seems to relate to more than 50% of the posters. Last night I was as disappointed as anyone, but FFS we weren’t shit, in the same way we were not on top of our game, but they scored from their only shot, we had 2 goals (rightly but closely) disallowed, missed countless chances, and donut boy made 4 excellent saves, it happens, but we still went through to yet another final, so how the fuck does that lead to such malevolence on here? The abuse for Pep and this team, who have given us 198 points, 2 league cups, and a cup and 2 charity shields in the last 2 years is a FUCKING DISGRACE.
I actually was at York away, but I don’t remember it with any fondness, it was a fucking horrible day (after 3 pm anyway) and was symptomatic of how bad we were as a team, and how poorly run we were as a club, when compared to now. I am 60 years old, and I am still living the dream, the great players, the great football, and the trophies. I get really disappointed (I mean really really) when we lose, but it doesn’t cause me to lash out at the manager and the players. We have a moaning cunnt who sits next to our seats, every game he just moans at literally every misplaced pass, every missed opportunity, every counter attack by the opposition, and frankly it’s fucking draining to listen to. It seems he is not a one off and exists in fucking huge numbers of posters in here, dismal beyond belief.

Superb post.

It isn't, we sit in different blocks in different parts of the ground for each game we go to, we sit around in city square, for a bit. I have never heard some of the negative, self entitled nastiness read on here, especially on the match threads, but I was shocked last night how the post match thread reacted to winning yet another semi final.
Some of it on here is action and reaction between posters. The Pep-can-do-no-wrong brigade have obviously ruled the roost until this season’s drop-off. Now there is a strong push-back. And so it escalates with more and more wild comments and more posters piling in.

It’s the internet, innit? People behave differently than at matches. A good thing too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.