#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant rememeber witnessing a players form drop so alarmingly , from potential world class in Sept/Oct to pub team player a couple of months later , he is shocking at the moment , obviously he will come back to form and prove the doubters wrong , he is a fighter , but i cant see any reason he is even making the match day squad , other than Pep is trying to play him back into form , well it isnt working.

Cant rememeber witnessing a players form drop so alarmingly , from potential world class to pub team player

Bernardo Silva.

Bernardo doesn’t get close to the same reactions for not playing well though for some reason.

Sterling has had a miles bigger contribution to our season overall as well with 20 goals.

Hopefully both return to form soon.

Bernardo Silva.

Bernardo doesn’t get close to the same reactions for not playing well though for some reason.

Sterling has had a miles bigger contribution to our season overall as well with 20 goals.

Hopefully both return to form soon.

Bernado never lost the ability to do the basics like control a ball and play simple passes. Most of Bernado's problem was being played out of position on the right. Once moved centrally he looked very good before being dropped(rested) again, yawn. Our season in a nutshell

Bernado never lost the ability to do the basics like control a ball and play simple passes. Most of Bernado's problem was being played out of position on the right. Once moved centrally he looked very good before being dropped(rested) again, yawn. Our season in a nutshell

His overall contribution to our season has been incredibly low by his own high standards and far lower than what Sterling has contributed. And yes, Bernardo has a better touch than Sterling.

One of the issues last night was that he wasn’t getting on the ball anywhere near enough when he was in the middle. De Bruyne was doing two players jobs as usual while Bernardo and Gundogan drifted through the game.

This meant we weren’t ever able to get full control of the midfield and there were subsequently long periods where the ball became a hot potato.

Vintage David Silva was the master at dictating the play and controlling the temp and a magician of that sort was very much missing last night.

I’m not really disputing Bernardo hasn’t had a great season but Sterling’s inability to do the absolute basics at the moment is staggering

No-one wants to make Sterling a scapegoat but its heading that way and I'm afraid its mostly down to Pep, or at least its in his control to stop it. Just pull him out of the firing line for a bit, can be an impactful sub for a few games, once he's got his next goals, I'm sure his form will improve. I do admire Pep's stubborness sometimes and you can see he really wants Raheem to pick up again (he was clapping theatrically at Sterling's closing down and tracking back - which was pretty good to be fair) but you also have to take the tough decisions sometimes, sub against Spurs and West Ham, hopefully grab a goal late on, get a nice rest during the break and come back ready to fire us to some big wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.