#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between comments about Sterling's form and almost any other player being out of form are quite unsettling.

There's an insane amount of posters deciding that the last few months mean more than the previous 2 years, and they're not just saying he's out of form, but that he's shit, always was and always will be.
I haven't seen anyone say he's shit.

I've never rated him much and regarded his recent better form and goalscoring as a bit of a surprise. Is this a sin?

The difference between comments about Sterling's form and almost any other player being out of form are quite unsettling.

There's an insane amount of posters deciding that the last few months mean more than the previous 2 years, and they're not just saying he's out of form, but that he's shit, always was and always will be.
Probably because he still misses an incredible amount of sitters when playing well. It makes it a whole lot more infuriating when he's missing them whilst playing shit at the same time.

I'd have more confidence in John Stones scoring when 1 on 1 than Sterling, he's that bad at them.

I haven't seen anyone say he's shit.

I've never rated him much and regarded his recent better form and goalscoring as a bit of a surprise. Is this a sin?

"recent better form" "I've never rated him much"

What a great example of exactly what I'm talking about. 2 years of fantastic performances is just "form" and the last 3 months is his real level.

It's so fucking stupid it would be funny if it weren't so sinister.

"recent better form" "I've never rated him much"

What a great example of exactly what I'm talking about. 2 years of fantastic performances is just "form" and the last 3 months is his real level.

It's so fucking stupid it would be funny if it weren't so sinister.
Sinister? What on earth are you talking about? What uttter nonsense.

I've never rated him much. Get over it.

Sinister? What on earth are you talking about? What uttter nonsense.

I've never rated him much. Get over it.

Yeah you never rated him, didn't post anything about Sterling during the 2 seasons where he put up 102 goals and assists in 115 City games, built our massive lead in the 17/18 season with half a dozen late winning goals, won Young Player of the Year, got into the PFA team of the year, got into UEFA's team of the season, helped us win 7 trophies.

You were silent through all of that, and as soon as he has some bad form, you come out with -

He's never had a decent first touch nor any footballing brain

And when I see Sterling, I usually think "meh". Sure he's been getting goals and making good runs, but he's never really done it for me

Quick and strong, yes. Footballing ability? Meh.

it's a huge suprise - rather than expected - that he's got as many goals as he has.

TBF he's never has a footballing brain. A slightly updated Theo Walcott really.

The new Darius Vassell. Footballing brain of a turnip.

Totally expected. Garbage from Sterling as per.

It's total bullshit (especially any comments about his footballing intelligence), but it's also just weird how some posters like you were dead fucking silent while this guy was doing great things for the club, and as soon as he drops in form the knives are out and you never thought he was good enough anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah you never rated him, didn't post anything about Sterling during the 2 seasons where he put up 102 goals and assists in 115 City games, built our massive lead in the 17/18 season with half a dozen late winning goals, won Young Player of the Year, got into the PFA team of the year, got into UEFA's team of the season, helped us win 7 trophies.

You were silent through all of that, and as soon as he has some bad form, you come out with -

It's total bullshit (especially any comments about his footballing intelligence), but it's also just weird how some posters like you were dead fucking silent while this guy was doing great things for the club, and as soon as he drops in form the knives are out and you never thought he was good enough anyway.

Whatever mate, whatever. You think he's ace. Well good for you.

*EDIT: And by the way, I don't disagree with any of the quotes above.

Whatever mate, whatever. You think he's ace. Well good for you.

*EDIT: And by the way, I don't disagree with any of the quotes above.

No of course you don't disagree with your own quotes, you melon.

You're wrong though. If you think Sterling lacks intelligence, there's no debate, you are quite simply incorrect. His movement, off the ball runs, ability to lose markers and find space or time runs is as good as anyone in the world.

Tactically, he understands everything Pep asks of him, he frequently plugs gaps, wins the ball back or makes big defensive actions in midfield or near out box when other haven't switched on yet. It's those reasons Guardiola absolutely loves him, why he plays him in all sorts of positions and with one-off roles and why, unlike Sané, who still gets pitchside bollockings and dropped in games 3 years into his City career, Pep trusts him absolutely. It's why Pep cannot drop him even in his poor form.

So you're entitled to think those things, but you're wrong.

And Pep will keep faith, Sterling will get his form back, and the rest of us won't have to deal with you for 2 more years because you'll piss off and stay silent.

No of course you don't disagree with your own quotes, you melon.

You're wrong though. If you think Sterling lacks intelligence, there's no debate, you are quite simply incorrect. His movement, off the ball runs, ability to lose markers and find space or time runs is as good as anyone in the world.

Tactically, he understands everything Pep asks of him, he frequently plugs gaps, wins the ball back or makes big defensive actions in midfield or near out box when other haven't switched on yet. It's those reasons Guardiola absolutely loves him, why he plays him in all sorts of positions and with one-off roles and why, unlike Sané, who still gets pitchside bollockings and dropped in games 3 years into his City career, Pep trusts him absolutely. It's why Pep cannot drop him even in his poor form.

So you're entitled to think those things, but you're wrong.

And Pep will keep faith, Sterling will get his form back, and the rest of us won't have to deal with you for 2 more years because you'll piss off and stay silent.
Whatever mate. Perhaps I should say there's something sinister in you sucking up to him?

Maybe not. Have a great day.

Bernardo Silva.

Bernardo doesn’t get close to the same reactions for not playing well though for some reason.

Sterling has had a miles bigger contribution to our season overall as well with 20 goals.

Hopefully both return to form soon.
You mean the Bernardo who was our player of the year last year?

The hate for Sterling never died. It just remained hidden under the surface, simmering and ready to return the moment he suffered a drop in form.

While over two years have passed since he had a real bad spell and the knives are well and truly out.

I bet you wouldn’t dare make similar comments about Bernardo who has had a pretty dreadful season overall.

It’s genuinely frightening how quick people are to turn on one of our own. Yeah, he’s not playing well but he’ll come good and so will Bernardo.

Let’s just try and make sure people are treated equally while they make that turn to form.
This is such a weird outlook.

Gundogan and Stones get far worse treatment than Sterling. There’s no underlying hate whatsoever. None of us hate any of our players, and I even include me being frustrated at the softest fucker I may have ever seen in a blue shirt in Cancelo in that.

Most fans just call it how it is, and there are too many sensitive, precious and defensive fans who can’t let certain players get a bit of flack from time-to-time. They’re alright for Gundogan to cop thirty pages of shit on this site, but two posts about how shit Sterling has been all season (and he has been shit all season long) and they’re bringing out words like “hate”.

Where are you in the Stones thread saying the same thing? Why just the Sterling thread? Are you some sort of fanboy or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.