Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he got his first yellow for dissent. Apparently the linesman said he was involved in the dispute after the penalty. I watched it on MoTD. He was pushed himself but did not retaliate, there's no way he should have got his first yellow card. The officials were trying to pick one of each side to punish, but it was totally unjustified.
I’d have to see it again but at the time I said to my mate that Zin was daft for running over and piling in and risking a card. He definitely ran a bit of a distance to get involved and that’s why he was singled out for the yellow.

How long was Dean walking around with his yellow card out? - crappy behaviour to try to intimidate players in a game that he was losing control of. The Sky commentary team were getting too excited thinking he was going to send off Raheem.

He's not a LB though and it's a problem. We cant keep using square pegs in round holes

he's been playing LB for 2 season now, so doubt it's anything new to him any more. He's also been good at it, so I'm wondering what you think a "proper" LB would bring to the table

he's been playing LB for 2 season now, so doubt it's anything new to him any more. He's also been good at it, so I'm wondering what you think a "proper" LB would bring to the table

He is a capable back-up if the team is playing well. I would love us to have full backs that take responsibility and don't rely on the rest of the team to make them look decent. Dare I say, like the Liverpool full backs.

I don't think he got his first yellow for dissent. Apparently the linesman said he was involved in the dispute after the penalty. I watched it on MoTD. He was pushed himself but did not retaliate, there's no way he should have got his first yellow card. The officials were trying to pick one of each side to punish, but it was totally unjustified.
Blue tinted for me that mate. He was miles away and made it his business to get involved and, he was pushing and shoving

Blue tinted for me that mate. He was miles away and made it his business to get involved and, he was pushing and shoving
Take another look he was being pushed he was not being aggressive. I had expected to see what you are saying, but it wasn't the case. It's on MoTD

Was extremely stupid to get involved from such a distance. I watched it again this morning and I can see why he was booked
It was a penalty, most of the players were up the field, saying he was "miles away" is complete exaggeration. Why he was booked was Alderweireld was being particularly aggressive pushing him and the officials must have assumed he was doing the same. If you actually look closely at the incident he was not being an aggressor. Very often officials book a player from each side, as if they are being even handed, IMO he was unlucky based on what actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.