Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed it will have a positive impact from now until the end of the season.

I hope that he sits down with senior players individually and does this too. You'd think that if someone wanted to go 'Gaff, I think you're playing Merl too much when Phil should be getting a run' or 'Think Raheem needs a rest, he's been shocking lately' they'd be a bit inhibited with the whole team there listening.

Pep Guardiola has made 76 changes to the Manchester City team in the Premier League this season - more than any other manager in the league. [via @Jack_Gaughan]

Precisely, the games with Real are in several weeks and we prepare for them.

There isn't much wrong with Pep making many changes since we have had many injuries, have a big squad and take all competitions seriously. Now we are entering the crucial part of the season and we will tinker less with the team in the biggest games, in the other we will see a lot of rotation as usual.

There isn't much wrong with Pep making many changes since we have had many injuries, have a big squad and take all competitions seriously. Now we are entering the crucial part of the season and we will tinker less with the team in the biggest games, in the other we will see a lot of rotation as usual.

I think there is when we’re struggling so badly for any consistency. Take the Villa game that was one of the first times recently the majority were happy when the team was announced. We then go and see our best performance in ages and that there is another option on the left instead of Sterling. Jesus and Serge worked really well together and continued their great goal scoring record when playing together. That team hasn’t started since despite the inconsistency continuing. You could argue that was only Villa but we’ve dropped points against plenty of average teams and rarely put in a full 90 minutes performance like that and it’s now bloody February.

Then there is Bernando who has struggled this season out wide as most feel it’s not his best position. He played centrally against the rags and put in a fantastic performance showing his full range of brilliance and fantastic work rate in there that few can match(especially in our midfield). Again the tinkering continues and he’s largely since been on the bench or back stuck on the right. We’ll go into that Madrid game and it’s hard to think Pep knows his best team this year. My biggest worry is he tries something wacky where as for me having watched them a lot they aren’t anything special and we should be looking to take them on because we are better than them.

Last edited:

You said he wanted a settled team,clearly not with all the tinkering he is doing

Media look for all kinds of 'facts' to knock Pep down and "help" him leave earlier or embarrassed. Why would blues buy into their shit narratives?

Last edited:
The answer is for Pep to extend for another 2 years and that would end all the speculation which is beginning to build in the media. Dont anybody be fooled, the media aren't suddenly concerned about what is best for City, they simply have their "Klopp chased Pep out of the Prem" headlines written and ready to go.

That said, Pep owes us nothing, he has a family etc, and if he decides that the best thing for them and him is for him to leave without extending then that is what he is free to do and should do so with all of our thanks and zero recriminations.

In which case Poch is not imo the answer. Won nothing, plays boring ineffective football.

Not sure if he would come but for me it should be Massimo Allegri. He would sort out our defense and with his record and standing in the game I think he would find it easy to attract and keep top players.

I was in the he will stay camp but i think he has had a belly full of our media, PiGMOB, the PL and its attitude to the club and the blatant cheating.

I hope he stays but fear he will go and i wouldn't blame him tbh.

I was in the he will stay camp but i think he has had a belly full of our media, PiGMOB, the PL and its attitude to the club and the blatant cheating.

I hope he stays but fear he will go and i wouldn't blame him tbh.

Do you mean at the end of his contract or in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.