Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we will get a manager as good as pep in a longtime he is fantastic. There is no way we would sack him

however I do think he will go (or is going) in the summer I just get the feeling.

1 our transfer dealings last summer and in particular in the winter window were not compatible with investing in a medium to long term future behind a manager. There were obvious areas that needed strengthening and we did not.

2 the team and pep seem to have lost a little bit of zip and ambition this season, we almost seem to be coasting.

3 he just doesn’t seem as happy or has that twinkle in his eye.

4 his wife has returned to Spain.

5 he and the club don’t seem to be fighting back against the off field shit and make odd statements about the fans/ supporting the fans. When there is an injustice the club and pep seem to shrug our shoulders and say oh well.

I mean it was clearly tongue in cheek, he's giving them what they want as every fucking press conference all he gets is 'if you don't win the champions league, will you be a failure?' and 'people say you spend money and that's the only reason you're a good manager, what do you think?'. They never ask anything similar to Klopp and when they have done, he's refused to answer and they've never asked again. Funny that.

Pep is understanding why City fans have always been paranoid, he see's it first hand how these dickheads are all against the club and him and he's playing to the crowd.

However we want to ignore it his demeanor has changed since his wife and kids returned to Spain for business reasons last year.

Disagree.

It’s our downturn in form which changed his demeanour. He was exactly the same during his first season when we weren’t on top form.

Anything less than the best really pisses him off.

I was talking of Busby and The Pisscan, both thought themselves bigger than the club, and the fall out was enormous when they finally left.

Pep is without the finest manager in our history, but is not doing us any favours, I get the feeling sometimes he and his CEO mate think they are.

TBF the Piss can was bigger than them he brought them all the success that they won't see again.

I feel there will be a handshake at the end of the season - the Juve rumours over the last 12 months may have some substance. Just like when Pep was due to come to us from Bayern.
I'd also say Sari can not be long term for Juve and was maybe a filler as they get ready for Pep like we did with Pellegrini.

Pep is no way similar in character to Klopp - JK maybe is more driven by loyalty to a cause than his own career plan.

I hope he stays for another 3-5 years but just can't see it, especially with his family moving back to Spain.

Be a shame as the Pep ride will be over - enjoy it while it lasts

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.