UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm intrigued why many on here are confident CAS will overturn, or if we go via the court route we'll win.

The cartel and UEFA seem to have been one step ahead right throughout the process.

Clearly I hope I'm wrong but after so many "we'll put them in their place, tear down UEFA" false dawns I'm resigned to a lesser punishment on appeal.

If that happens Mansour needs to review who are running the club, after yesterday that's probably happening anyway.
I’m with you 100%. I think we’re fucked personally and won’t get it all overturned, if any. I cannot wait to read the whole thing as at this point in times i feel it’s hard to decipher what’s real and what’s not. Maybe I’m being thick though

Just got up, having celebrated Valentine's Day with the missus and then gone to bed. All hell has broken loose in the interim, it seems.

This reflects not only on City but the UAE as a whole. Picking a fight with the state that has the second biggest SWF in the entire world on dodgy grounds to appease a few old-money vested interests? Well done, UEFA. You've brought what's to come on yourselves.

As a lawyer, I find this fascinating because it'll go nuclear now. I'm reminded of what the young Elvis Costello sang forty-odd years ago: "If I'm gonna go down, you're gonna come with me."
I hope so mate, I really do.

I’m similar in having woken up feeling entirely relaxed about the whole affair. The basics are that we had fair value sponsorships that just had their coffers boosted by Abu Dhabi funds, what the fuck is wrong with that? Like the Qataris with PSG, everyone knows the exact same situation, if not worse, happened with their sponsorships. It’s bollocks, complete and utter bollocks, and no stolen emails should be justification for a ban.

Aren’t they just. Like all their Christmases have come at once.

No wonder Pep looks so pissed off at press conferences
So his press conference today if there is one, the should make it clear no questions to Pep on any of it, purely on the game next Wednesday teak the rule ban from the Etihad.

On a side note, what will be the situation IF we are found guilty by CAS regarding our audited accounts?

Will the inland revenue be taking us on to?

The fall out from this is going to be pivotal for the future of Football and for that matter Manchester City FC.
Not really the HMRC have no interest in the fact that our owners may or may not have put the money in.
In fairness neither do our accountants as long as the accounts are factual ie the money has come from an Etihad account.

Personally I'm intrigued why many on here are confident CAS will overturn, or if we go via the court route we'll win.

The cartel and UEFA seem to have been one step ahead right throughout the process.

Clearly I hope I'm wrong but after so many "we'll put them in their place, tear down UEFA" false dawns I'm resigned to a lesser punishment on appeal.

If that happens Mansour needs to review who are running the club, after yesterday that's probably happening anyway.
I'm not surprsed they've been one step ahead when it's their own process they're following.

Reactions: Ric
On a side note, what will be the situation IF we are found guilty by CAS regarding our audited accounts?

Will the inland revenue be taking us on to?

The fall out from this is going to be pivotal for the future of Football and for that matter Manchester City FC.
It shouldn’t matter if our accounts are filed in the Cayman Islands...or am I getting confused with a certain other club which benefits from UEFA’s whimsical ways?

I'm not at all confident with regards to the CAS appeal
PSG appeal thrown out on a time technicality
Gala appeal same as above
AC milan accepted a one year reduced ban

Looks like there are no technicalities we can call upon
This is going to be the first case of it's kind for CAS to rule completely on the evidence
IMO cas will rule the punishment harsh and reduce the ban

Milan accepted a year ban from a competition they didn’t qualify for

Just got up, having celebrated Valentine's Day with the missus and then gone to bed. All hell has broken loose in the interim, it seems.

This reflects not only on City but the UAE as a whole. Picking a fight with the state that has the second biggest SWF in the entire world on dodgy grounds to appease a few old-money vested interests? Well done, UEFA. You've brought what's to come on yourselves.

As a lawyer, I find this fascinating because it'll go nuclear now. I'm reminded of what the young Elvis Costello sang forty-odd years ago: "If I'm gonna go down, you're gonna come with me."
From a legal view what options do the club have Obviously they can appeal to CAS but from what I’ve read that’s the end if we loose thats it I guess if we win then we could sue for damages Or could we go to CAS and concurrently sue for damages in a civil court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.