UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the BBC it also says that in lodging the appeal City also need to ask for the ban to be set aside until the appeal is heard or the punishment will still apply.

Seems a bit odd? We ask and could be told sorry but no?
I think in theory yes, but they'd open themselves up to a huge lawsuit if the ban was then overturned by CAS.

I think during the appeal period the ban is frozen.
So if the appeal takes say 12 months then we will be in next season.
Unless someone knows otherwise?

If CAS decides in UEFA's favour we can (and I highly suspect would) take it to the Swiss courts. In which case UEFA would have to suspend the ban as the damages if we win in the Swiss courts would run into £100's of millions otherwise.

As I understand it, from what I read somewhere, recourse to the Swiss court can only be made on the basis of technical/procedural flaws during the CAS case, not the substance of the case itself. I'm open to correction but if this is right, then anyone holding out hoped for a further appeal except on procedural irregularities can forget it.
That sounds good but is it fact or your opinion? Has any club taken UEFA to this court previously and had sanctions suspended?

There seems to be unsurprisingly a lot of speculation on here about CAS and Swiss courts. For those interested (and please don't let this get in the way of a good rant) the CAS website has a handy FAQ section:

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-information/frequently-asked-questions.html#c198

For those insufficiently arsed to read through this, the following two extracts might be useful in the context of some previous posts:

How long does CAS arbitration last ?

The ordinary procedure lasts between 6 and 12 months.
For the appeals procedure, [City's case as I understand it] an award must be pronounced within three months after the transfer of the file to the Panel.
In urgent cases and upon request, the CAS may, within a very short time, order interim measures or suspend the execution of a decision appealed against.

Is it possible to appeal against a CAS award ?

Judicial recourse to the Swiss Federal Tribunal [Switzerland's Supreme Court I believe] is allowed on a very limited number of grounds, such as lack of jurisdiction, violation of elementary procedural rules (e.g. violation of the right to a fair hearing) or incompatibility with public policy.

Genuinely if any blues come across Conn in public, punch him.

Smash his nerdy looking glasses into his ugly fucking face.

Sorry, can't see how this warrants this response, sure he's written a shocker there, but City need to be bigger than calls for violence like this no? Liverpool fans might endorse throwing bricks and violence and the like, but not a true blue to my mind. Just my opinion.

If I may ask a question to someone who is far more knowledgeable than I, and I apologise if this briefly slows this juggernaut of a thread.

The club said the relevant accounts were a matter of relulatory record as they had been passed by Companies House etc.

If **** say we have bent the rules, could we see a regulatory investigation by say, the SFO being undertaken?

If not, surely **** don't have a leg to stand on at CAS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.