UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we lodge our appeal, I assume we are going to launch a counter claim?

I mean the damage to our club has been huge and likewise we should fire back our own claim, something huge like £100m, make UEFA think twice about playing judge jury and executioner.
I'd stick a 0 to that figure

So we still don't know for certain exactly what UEFA have found us guilty of.

They say it's overstating sponsorship between 2012 and 2016, don't reveal which sponsorship or by how much.

Couple of things jump out at me, this time period was during UEFA monitoring us in light of the first breach, why did they not spot it then?

And why would we bother where the Etihad deal is concerned when Executive council could provide the money rather than ADUG?

When we lodge our appeal, I assume we are going to launch a counter claim?

I mean the damage to our club has been huge and likewise we should fire back our own claim, something huge like £100m, make UEFA think twice about playing judge jury and executioner.
I think that will follow after the appeal decision as it could sway the CAS panel if launched beforehand. Demonstrating we have a 'beef' with UEFA could weaken our position. Keep it simple, knowing we have the legal route to explore.

Thanks for all that PB.

I can understand that UEFA might be concerned if ADUG/Sheikh Mansour were directly pumping funds into Abu Dhabi companies that were then be funneled straight to City. But if those investments were coming from other sources (e.g., Sheikh Khalifa), then surely that has nothing to do with UEFA?

The thing is what are we saying? Footy clubs can’t do business with sponsors? If we buy something from a sponsor and they give us sponsorship money who is to say that the money they gave us is the same money we gave them?

It’s nonsense.

Right - here is my opinion.

Firstly - if Man City have messed up (and deceived us fans by lying about it) we should just accept the 2 year ban and move on.

However, if that is not the case we should be actively engaging the support of the other big English (and Scottish clubs) to really f**k up UEFA. It is sad to see the likes of Sheff Utd. and Man Utd. getting excited about the possibility of getting into the Champions League by finishing 5th for f**ks sake. All the British clubs should act together: what would happen to the EL and the Champions League if in solidarity with MCFC all the other British clubs withdrew from those tournements? They would be totally bollox*d up, that's what.

(P.S. I read comments here talking about taking things through all levels of the legal system including the European Court - what is the point of that, post-Brexit, we can't on the one hand take back control, then when we need to, go crawling back to the Euro Legal system - that's daft).

Last edited:
If we were offered a small fine and slap on the wrist but refused it then our legal team must be one hundred percent confident of winning any legal battles.
Had a few beers last night with a red mate , went expecting the usual diatribe, totally surprised that he backed us , offered restraint of trade and corruption in the first instance. Said UEFA should be cracking down on owners who plunge clubs into debt while extracting a fortune .

Like all blues (and the media), I've been following this thread from the start and amidst all the speculation and "expert" opinion, which has almost universally been proved wrong, there's a fair degree of despondency brought on by a sense of impotence. I think that is because we need to focus. I hear talk about whether we are "guilty" or "innocent". That's a complete diversion from the main point that FFP, in all it's guises, is fundamentally wrong and marks the death of football. The establishment media are creating an illusion which even some City fans are falling for. This isn't an attack on City, it's a war on football, it's just that only the most courageous of those in te public eye and whose livelihood depends on it is ever going to say so. The media as a whole are collaborators in the biggest ever fraud on football.

So what can we do about it apart from wringing our hands and crying "woe is us" ?

Well, for whatever reason, we find ourselves in the resistance frontline. The first point is focus. No amount of speculation or "expert opinion" is going to help the club. Let the real experts get on with it and what will be will be. Arguing with a complicit media whose main "commentators" are purposely placed mouthpieces, lickspittles and stooges is pointless.

Our biggest weapon, and available to each and every one of us, is word of mouth. And I don't mean railing about injustice or wallowing in victimhood, no-one is listening and it comes across as pathetic. Everyone knows a non-united, liverpool, chelsea or Arsenal fan. Simply point out that if they support Wolves, Everton, Southampton... whoever, they are being conned. Not just short-term, forever. They will never, ever, compete with that cartel of clubs. In the 5000/1 chance that they do win the league, their best players, like Kante, for example, will be stripped from them and that will be that. If they enjoy being conned, fine, move on. But if you convince one person and they convince a couple of their friends, a groundswell will start and the product will, rightly, suffer.

The overall point is that this isn't about Manchester City, this is a fight for the future of football.

Ever so slightly going off topic here,not looking to change the subject, a yes or no will do for me but as it stands are Aston Villa in the Europa league next season regardless of the league cup final result as a result of our ban?

surely grossly unfair on them to wait the 4+ months on that decision if so!

Right - here is my opinion.

Firstly - if Man City have messed up (and deceived us fans by lying about it) we should just accept the 2 year ban and move on.

However, if that is not the case we should be actively engaging the support of the other big English (and Scottish clubs) to really f**k up UEFA. It is sad to see the likes of Sheff Utd. and Man Utd. getting excited about the possibility of getting into the Champions League by finishing 5th for f**ks sake. All the British clubs should act together: what would happen to the EL and the Champions League if in solidarity with MCFC all the other British clubs withdrew from those tournements? They would be totally bollox*d up, that's what.

United and Liverpool are UEFA for the purposes of this dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.