UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to Liverpool, they are European royalty in a Marie-Antoinette ish way. As far as the rest of the clubs in the country are concerned, whilst they are troughing at the CL table, it's an attitude of "let them eat cake".

Hopefully, Liverpool will meet the same end.
They are European Royalty in an Atilla the Hun AD 452 sort of way.

Are you referring to the original sanction? I'm on about this current sanction (subject to CAS ruling).

As I understand it the original fine was £47M of which £31M was returned when we met certain criteria the year after.

yes the figures are approximated due to currency flutuations

After the events of the last few days I cant help but think that City have made a huge strategic error. Apparently we were offered a way out of this with a technical breach and small fine. (Similar to the Fifa case). By refusing to negotiate it seems we have pushed UEFA to go nuclear with us.

Even if the ban is overturned by Cas this doesnt clear us and its my understanding we have to carry the fight on in Swiss courts(?).

Even if we are eventually cleared which is far from certain the reputational damage of the ban and potential future case with UEFA is enormous. Pretty much the whole footballing world has heard Manchester City are cheats for the last few days and will narative will continue and wont stop even if we win the case. It will turn to, 'well what did you expect when they can buy the bsst lawyers'

Wouldn't it have been sensible to take the fine and carry on as normal. Who would care apart from Johny from Liverpool on twitter.

By taking this risk we have potentially affected our ability to compete for the next 3 4 years but also will forever be known as cheats. We can all argue with internet warriors till we are blue in the face but the label will surely affect out ability to attract commercial sponsorship and grow our fan base in the developing football markets such as India, China and the US.

But he is the Deputy PM of the Government? so while he may not be a direct executive or shareholder he does have a vested interest in Etihad as a company. Let's be honest here SM has been in a position to inject cash into Etihad, hasn't he? now as long as he didn't inject that cash from ADUG then there shouldn't be an issue should there? although that is technically exploiting a loophole. In my opinion, what City is defending here is a technicality, whether they will win their appeal on that basis I don't know but let us all be sensible here the UAE has several big organizations that have strong links to the Government of which SM is the Deputy PM.

I don't doubt for one minute that SM has injected cash into Etihad but where that money came from is the problem along with the unraveling the complexity of UAE government business.
Etihad is a state airline whose financial obligations are underwritten by the UAE state. Sheikh Mansour is not going to pump money into a struggling state asset.

The video with @Prestwich_Blue has certainly put my mind at ease with the situation, thank you for explaining it so clearly and precisely, I think it'll help a lot of blues understand what UEFA have done and why. It also gives real clarity on the way we have been treated unfairly and City's hopeful focus on exoneration, not just avoiding the punishment.

But he is the Deputy PM of the Government? so while he may not be a direct executive or shareholder he does have a vested interest in Etihad as a company. Let's be honest here SM has been in a position to inject cash into Etihad, hasn't he? now as long as he didn't inject that cash from ADUG then there shouldn't be an issue should there? although that is technically exploiting a loophole. In my opinion, what City is defending here is a technicality, whether they will win their appeal on that basis I don't know but let us all be sensible here the UAE has several big organizations that have strong links to the Government of which SM is the Deputy PM.

I don't doubt for one minute that SM has injected cash into Etihad but where that money came from is the problem along with the unraveling the complexity of government business.

Yet another forum member who works for UEFA and has personally seen all relevant documents.

For Madrid they've got the Prestwich Blue range in the club shop....

195966.jpg
That is actually GDM !!

Good article in NYT. If you register for free, you get access to several articles per month.
Manchester City Vows to Fight, Because Losing Is Unthinkable https://nyti.ms/2Sx20T3
He's a dipper that journalist according to this ... https://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/172173

The Telegraph
Chris Bascombe: Liverpool
Luke Edwards: Newcastle
Roddy Forsyth: Rangers
Thom Gibbs: QPR
Alan Hansen: Liverpool
John Ley: Arsenal
Jonathan Liew : Spurs
Mark Ogden: Manchester United
Matt Scott: Arsenal
Alan Smith: Arsenal
Alan Tyers: Hibernian
Jeremy Wilson: Arsenal
Henry Winter: Chelsea & John Terry

The Times
Patrick Barclay: Dundee
Oliver Kay: Liverpool
Gabriele Marcotti: Chelsea (season ticket holder anyway)
George Caulkin: Newcastle
Tony Evans: Liverpool
Matt Hughes: Arsenal
Peter Lansley: Wolves
Rory Smith: Liverpool

The Independent
James Lawton: Arsenal?
Sam Wallace: Arsenal?
Ian Herbert: Wrexham
Simon Rice: Arsenal

The Guardian
Paul Doyle: Arsenal?
Dominic Fifield: Crystal Palace
David Lacey: Arsenal
Amy Lawrence: Arsenal
Kevin McCarra: Celtic
Jacob Steinberg: West Ham
Daniel Taylor: Nottingham Forest
Louise Taylor: Sunderland
Brian Glanville: Arsenal
John Ashdown: Sheffield United

The Sun
Shaun Custis: Newcastle
Simon Barnes: Arsenal

The Daily Mail
Martin Samuel: West Ham
Matt Lawton: Arsenal
Matt Fortune: Arsenal
Neil Moxley: Everton

The Mirror
Oliver Holt: Stockport County
Martin Lipton: Spurs
Darren Lewis: Liverpool
Simon Bird: Newcastle
James Nursey: Norwich
John Cross: Arsenal
Matt Law: Aston Villa
And weren't the NYT the paper that reported a lot of the DS stuff? And weren't NYT a shareholder in Fenway Sports Group at one time? Wouldn't trust that lot.

This has been coming for a very long time. Remember the extraordinary Platini interview with Martin Samuel?

Platini: Because we make a deal six years ago to the G14 and they ask me and say ‘OK Michel, but for the moment, we don’t touch the distribution of the money.’

Samuel: How long has the deal got to go?

Platini: I have to speak with Rummenigge

Says it all.
Full transcript of that interview is here, first question and answer or lack of it from Gill is the crux of probably everything to do with FFP https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.