Leicester City (A) - Post-Match Thread

Harsh if you don't mind me saying so. City play an extraordinary high line and with the full backs playing as default midfielders that type of offensive strategy is bound to catch out some of the greats.

Possibly but I have seen Otamendi and Stones get absolutely hammered for doing the same thing.

I still think he has it in him to be world class.
Seems to try too hard at times and whether it’s a confidence thing or what, I don’t know, but he can over complicate things in his own head.

However he can learn so much under Pep and he has shown in the past that he can score off either foot. He just needs to trust in himself. Best I’ve seen of him is when he takes it early on whichever foot it comes naturally to, rather than slowing the attack by cutting back.

Like the one he put away today.

I really do still think he has it in him. Has very good control and two good feet.

Thinking exactly the same thing myself. Maybe all he needs is rhythm which is difficult seeing as Sergio Aguero is his competition.

Eddie has to start taking penalties. The chance that he misses and we concede as part of the same passage of play is minute. He has to take them.

It might cause cries of “disrespect” from the usual suspects but 50% record from 10 is poor. He has the technique and is unflappable, it’s got to be under consideration.

Pep Guardiola on substituting @Laporte: "He asked me to be substituted, but he's not injured. He's been four months, five months injured, we can't forget that. He had to run a lot. It was different against West Ham, we could control it easier. He's ok."

Pep Guardiola @sterling7 availability for the clash with Real Madrid: "I don't know, he's much, much better, I think he'll be ready."

I thought first half we were pretty average and quite fortunate not to go in behind. Better second half and took over the game from the missed pen onwards.

Good win at Leicester away. Kelechi going off certainly helped us as I thought he was the best player in the first half.

We really need to sort these pens. Ridiculous now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.